It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM RTC 6.0.2 Is there any way to track the changes made in the project area?

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126246) | asked Feb 22 '17, 5:31 p.m.
retagged Feb 24 '17, 5:30 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hello, 

is there any way to track the changes made in the project area? for ccm or qm or rm?
so who change an work item who create an attribute when how? any way to get it?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 22 '17, 7:31 p.m.

If I understand your request correctly, in the Manage Project Area page, there is an entry called "History", and it shows you all the information you need. The process configuration/specification changes are shown in its native XML format and it's a bit hard to read. Other operations such as adding members, assigning roles and etc are quite straightforward.

If however you are talking about the artifact creation, modification and deletion within the project area, the TRS feed is probably the best you can get. And as far as I know, deletion is not tracked.

Rafael Rodriguez Montes selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Feb 22 '17, 10:32 p.m.

it worked, thank you and if I wanted to restore or rollback a change can I copy the xml and insert in the process configuration/specification tab in eclipse client or is there any better process to make the roll back?

thank you! 

Donald Nong commented Feb 23 '17, 4:19 a.m.

You can use RTC Eclipse client to do it, but proceed with caution.
1. Open a project area configuration.
2. Switch to the Process Configuration Source tab.
3. Right-click within the editor and choose Show History. A new History view should appear showing all the "revisions" of the process configuration.
4. In the History view, select the desired revision and double-click on it. A new editor should appear showing the process configuration source of this revision.
5. Copy all the content in the old revision and paste into the editor in step 2 to replace the current revision.
6. Save the changes and you effectively roll back to a selected revision.

One other answer

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Feb 24 '17, 5:30 p.m.

For details, see Viewing process history

Ken

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.