It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Looking for a documentation of the advanced properties

Ilona Krammer (159447) | asked Sep 20 '18, 2:33 a.m.
This question has been asked before and has not gotten any answers.
Is there really and honestly no documentation for the advanced properties?

I'm actually quite stunned that I haven't been able to find any documentation whatsoever but I'm hoping that I'm only overlooking things...

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 20 '18, 2:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In conversations with customers I have followed, it has been mentioned that the advanced properties are off-limits, unless support or development tells you to set them. Although it is unfortunate, there always have been and always will be parameters that are not documented. It is just a matter of time and effort.

Examples: Windows Registry, Eclipse work space properties etc.  

Comments
Ilona Krammer commented Sep 20 '18, 4:59 a.m.

Unfortunately we are having severe problems with the search and since support isn't helping at all/whatsoever, I need to dig through the properties myself, try to understand them and possible change the values set.

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Sep 20 '18, 4:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 20 '18, 4:21 a.m.

The tool tip obtained by hovering over the property name has information on usage of the property...

Comments
Ilona Krammer commented Sep 20 '18, 4:44 a.m.
Your original comment asked for examples - one of them is the language specific stemmer. The tooltip shows me which values are allowed but it doesn't tell me anything about the implications and what it actually means. A search showed results, but I haven't found anything helpful yet.
Since we are having about a myriad of issues with search those properties are the most important ones. The tooltip info isn't exactly elaborating on the meaning and consequences of the different options.

Dinesh Kumar B commented Sep 20 '18, 5:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

bringing out specific examples always helps the discussions.. thanks for pointing out the property.. and now i can see that it does list only the possible values..

here is a little more information about this prorperty, if you are still looking for it :

- "legacy" (the default) for compatibility with the existing indices. In this case the English stemmer is used for all languages (except for the Asian languages).

- "true" Enables a stemmer specific to the language defined by the "Indexing Language" property or by the server locale if the property is not set.

- "false" Disables stemming all together

Anyways, the advanced properties, as suggested by Ralph above, not intended to be used unless suggested by Support or Development, in which case, I believe, you would be informed of the implications..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.