It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Looking for a documentation of the advanced properties

Ilona Krammer (159345) | asked Sep 20 '18, 2:33 a.m.
This question has been asked before and has not gotten any answers.
Is there really and honestly no documentation for the advanced properties?

I'm actually quite stunned that I haven't been able to find any documentation whatsoever but I'm hoping that I'm only overlooking things...

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (62.9k33645) | answered Sep 20 '18, 2:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In conversations with customers I have followed, it has been mentioned that the advanced properties are off-limits, unless support or development tells you to set them. Although it is unfortunate, there always have been and always will be parameters that are not documented. It is just a matter of time and effort.

Examples: Windows Registry, Eclipse work space properties etc.  

Comments
Ilona Krammer commented Sep 20 '18, 4:59 a.m.

Unfortunately we are having severe problems with the search and since support isn't helping at all/whatsoever, I need to dig through the properties myself, try to understand them and possible change the values set.

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Sep 20 '18, 4:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 20 '18, 4:21 a.m.

The tool tip obtained by hovering over the property name has information on usage of the property...

Comments
Ilona Krammer commented Sep 20 '18, 4:44 a.m.
Your original comment asked for examples - one of them is the language specific stemmer. The tooltip shows me which values are allowed but it doesn't tell me anything about the implications and what it actually means. A search showed results, but I haven't found anything helpful yet.
Since we are having about a myriad of issues with search those properties are the most important ones. The tooltip info isn't exactly elaborating on the meaning and consequences of the different options.

Dinesh Kumar B commented Sep 20 '18, 5:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

bringing out specific examples always helps the discussions.. thanks for pointing out the property.. and now i can see that it does list only the possible values..

here is a little more information about this prorperty, if you are still looking for it :

- "legacy" (the default) for compatibility with the existing indices. In this case the English stemmer is used for all languages (except for the Asian languages).

- "true" Enables a stemmer specific to the language defined by the "Indexing Language" property or by the server locale if the property is not set.

- "false" Disables stemming all together

Anyways, the advanced properties, as suggested by Ralph above, not intended to be used unless suggested by Support or Development, in which case, I believe, you would be informed of the implications..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.