It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Team Concert V.6.0.1: Hide Roles and Plan Types.

Michael Oyebola (31114) | asked Mar 25 '16, 10:42 a.m.
My team is trying to hide a specific role and plan types from Out of the box(OOTB) to only make the necessary roles and plan types visible. The only functionality is to either delete thess roles or plan types which we would like to avoid. Also I have used the eclipse client to see what could be done about visibility for roles and plan types and all you can do is create and delete. Any suggestions?

-Thanks 

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 25 '16, 10:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Why don't you want to just delete them?

Michael Oyebola commented Mar 25 '16, 11:25 a.m.

Because we might what to use them. We rather archive them to avoid recreating them if needed.

2 answers

permanent link
Michael Oyebola (31114) | answered Mar 25 '16, 3:52 p.m.
What I did to hide the plan types and roles was just by simply commenting the plan type  and role xml code in "process configuration source" tab. That eliminated the visibility on the project area UI.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 25 '16, 4:36 p.m.

I promoted Mike's comment to be an "answer", since I like it better than my answer (:-).

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 25 '16, 2:35 p.m.
I am not aware of any way to archive/restore either a role or a plan type, so I believe you will have to use create/delete for this.   Re-creating a deleted role or plan type is straightforward.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.