It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG - Cross project links - CM versus no CM

Sean F (1.3k252162) | asked Sep 01 '18, 12:55 p.m.

It seems that cross project linking in DNG is quite easy and works out of the box as long as the 2 projects do NOT have Configuration Management enabled.

Once CM is enabled for a project the ability to create cross project links to or from artifacts in that project seems to disappear.

It also seems that cross component linking between 2 components in the same project is also disabled.

I understand it can be re enabled by using Global Configuration Management and link indexing. I have not tried setting up GCM.yet.

Has anybody experienced using cross project linking with and without CM/GCM and can comment on any diffrences in capability or pros and cons of cross project linking in each of the 2 circumstances?

3 answers

permanent link
Adrian Haw (2991242) | answered Sep 03 '18, 9:54 a.m.
If you enabled ConfigMgt then the project component streams containing the artifacts you're trying to create links between need to be in the same Global Configuration component stream and you need to be creating the link with both project components opened in the same global stream (i.e. in the same configuration context).

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k252162) | answered Sep 03 '18, 11:10 a.m.

^Thanks Adrian

I have enabled CM for by Jazz server.

I have enabled CM in some DNG projects. Now I can create streams and changes with change sets etc.

I can also create components and do streams for those components and change sets etc.

I also have the GCM application installed and can see it on the home menu.

But I cannot get any of the DNG components to appear in GCM or access the GCM application in any way

If I try to navigate to the GCM application there are no projects listed so there is no way to access the GCM environment..

How do I get my DNG CM projects to appear in GCM?

Comments
Adrian Haw commented Sep 04 '18, 3:01 a.m.

You first need to create a GC project. In principle this is the same as creating an RM project. You then need to go browse/create components and create a component for that GC project. Now when you navigate into that GC project component you can add configurations (project component streams/baselines from RM, RQM, etc...

Sean F commented Sep 04 '18, 10:24 a.m.

>>You first need to create a GC project. In principle this is the same as creating an RM project.

Thanks Adrian. What do I click on to create a GC project?

Normally for RM :-

...to create a project area I click on >Gear Icon>Manage Project Areas>Create Project Area

...to create a lifecycle project I click on >Gear Icon>Manage Project Areas>Create Lifecycle Project

I would like to check for sure that it is broken before doing a  reinstall

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k252162) | answered Sep 03 '18, 12:23 p.m.

When I try to navigate to 'all projects' under GCM I get

{"nestedError":{"nestedError":{"nestedError":{"errorClass":"java.lang.ThreadDeath","errorMessage":null,"errorCode":null},"errorClass":"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError","errorMessage":"com.hp.hpl.jena.datatypes.TypeMapper (initialization failure)","errorCode":null},"errorClass":"com.ibm.websphere.servlet.error.ServletErrorReport","errorMessage":"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.hp.hpl.jena.datatypes.TypeMapper (initialization failure)","errorCode":null},"errorClass":"java.lang.RuntimeException","errorMessage":"com.ibm.websphere.servlet.error.ServletErrorReport: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.hp.hpl.jena.datatypes.TypeMapper (initialization failure)","errorCode":500}

Comments
Adrian Haw commented Sep 04 '18, 3:02 a.m.

Looks like some installation problem - I'd raise a ticket with IBM support on this one

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.