It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy artifacts among stream in GC enabled DNG projects.

vikrant kamble (1323796) | asked Jun 30 '17, 5:40 a.m.

I have CLM server 6.0.2 and enabled GC in one of the project area. I want to copy artifacts(modules) from one stream to other stream in same project area. How can I copy modules among stream in GC enabled project area.

Comments
vikrant kamble commented Jul 01 '17, 5:20 a.m.

Below is the process I am performing to copy artifacts from stream to another stream.

Project Area name is "All Purpose Project", there are two streams in Project, Stream 1 and Stream 2
There are modules in Stream 1. I select one of the module from Stream 1 and select the option Copy Artifact. I switch configuration to stream 2. I go to desired folder and click on Paste Artifact option. I click the checkbox "Create a link from the original artifact to the copied artifact" and click on OK. 
After this step "Paste Special" window shows information message as Copying Artifacts but this window never closes. After long time(45 mins) I was seeing same window and after refreshing page it was gone without copying artifacts.

Can someone please suggest if I am missing something here

Donald Nong commented Jul 03 '17, 4:01 a.m.

What's the purpose of the duplication? Do you need to merge these two streams (and the module) at some point?

vikrant kamble commented Jul 03 '17, 5:04 a.m.

There are many modules in one stream, I want to copy some of them to other stream.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Thomas Kirstätter (181719) | answered Jul 03 '17, 4:43 p.m.

Hello,
I see two things you may want to achieve. Either you really want to create a copy, or you want to reuse the artefact.I would actually suggest the second option. For this you just need to deliver the changesets that "compose" the module you want to reuse and deliver them to the other Stream.
Indeed you may need to do some cleanup in the 2nd Stream, as the changesets you deliver may not only contain changes to this module, butafterwards you have not only a copy of the Module, but a branch, which is allowing you to compare and later merge additional changes using the compare and deliver UI.

If a real Copy is your goal, I sugest to create the copy in Stream 1, deliver the changes to Stream 2 and then delete the copy in Stream 1 (a little odd, I see).

Btw. I believe there really should be an option to Deliver not only changesets from DNG to DNG Streams, but as well complete Artefacts without needing to know the changesets...

Geoffrey Clemm selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.