It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to lock artifacts Automatically in DNG ?

Jia jang (42111) | asked Feb 27 '17, 10:11 a.m.

I have a Project Area including four members .

i.e. Functional User , Functional Lead , Technical Lead , Developer .
1 ) Functional User gather the requirements (Artifacts) , reviewed it (self reviewed) and send for an approval to the Functional Lead .
2 ) Functional Lead Approved the Requirements(Artifacts) and lock it manually so that nobody can modify it .
3 ) then Technical Lead makes work items depends on requirements(artifacts) and then assign to Developer.
4 ) and finally Developer starts the work . 

Achievements : - By following above scenario , one thing is clear that after approval (step 2) , Functional User can't modify the Requirements(Artifact) as It has been locked by other (functional Lead).If he(Functional User) has any other requirements(Artifact) he create a new Artifact and send it  for Approval and process goes on .. 

What I want :- Functional Lead can't able to lock each requirements(Artifacts / module) manually as there are many artifacts present in the project  So ,Is it possible to lock the artifacts automatically when Functional Lead Approved the Artifacts(Requirements) and Disapproved artifacts are kept as it is or kept unlocked.
or Is there any other way suited to achieve this type of scenario ?      

Comments
vikrant kamble commented Feb 28 '17, 2:41 a.m. | edited Feb 28 '17, 2:44 a.m.

Locking means no user can edit the requirement if it is locked by particular user(in your case functional lead), to make requirements uneditable you can baseline the requirements after approval

Jia jang commented Feb 28 '17, 3:02 a.m.

@Vikrant ,

requirements are changing very Frequently , So I can't create baseline for every requirement change and that will raise the problem of too many numbers of baselines . 
What I want is that can we just lock the requirements automatically after its approved by functional Lead , so nobody can modify the requirements . 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.