It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Eclipse Client 6.0.6 with Jazz Server 602 - CRJAZ2384E

Peter Turvey (99236) | asked Aug 14 '18, 10:12 a.m.

Is it possible to connect a new version of the Eclipse Client to an older Jazz Team Server / CLM applications ?

I have both Eclipse 602 client and Eclipse 606 client deployed on a workstation.
And my CLM applications (JTS / CCM / QM / RM and JRS) are all version 6.0.2

The 602 client can connect to my Server without any problems.

When I attempt to use exactly the same username/password credentials with my new 606 Eclipse client I get an error :
CRJAZ2384E Cannot connect to the repository at URL

Comments
Peter Turvey commented Aug 14 '18, 10:23 a.m. | edited Aug 14 '18, 3:13 p.m.

Message continues .....

When I attempt to use exactly the same username/password credentials with my new 606 Eclipse client I get an error :
CRJAZ2384E Cannot connect to the repository at URL "https://<server-name>:9443/ccm see the nested exception for more details. Received fatal alert : handshake failure.

I used v1.8.9 of the Installation Manager.
The download was "RTC-Client-Eclipse4.6-repo-6.0.6.zip"

Thanks Peter

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 14 '18, 3:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 14 '18, 3:14 p.m.
No, this has never been supported which is documented in the system requirements which one should read when installing new versions anyway.

The client/server compatibility is N/N-1 to N. Client should be same version an earlier version is intended to be supported, if possible. Also see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/07/09/new-version-and-now-experiences-with-sdk-and-plain-java-api-across-tool-versions/ . You can find the system requirements in the download section, so I won't link it here.
Peter Turvey selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Peter Turvey commented Aug 15 '18, 4:52 a.m. | edited Aug 15 '18, 5:01 a.m.

Thanks for that Ralph.

Just out of interest, where in the system requirements does it say that the client/server compatibility is N/N-1 to N ?
I had downloaded a 244 page '.pdf' document called "Software Product Compatibility Reports, Detailed System Requirements - Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management Solution 6.0.6"  and I didn't spot anything when I first went through it.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 15 '18, 5:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Peter,

please use comments and not answers wherever possible.

My bad it is in the product documentation you can find it searching for "client compatibility": https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.6/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_n-1.html

Peter Turvey commented Aug 15 '18, 5:13 a.m.

OK. Thanks again.

Peter 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.