It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Conflicting Help dependency fails to install RTC jazz Eclipse 4.4.2 Luna

Darrell Reich (949) | asked Dec 21 '15, 6:17 p.m.
Why is a new version of Eclipse help a fatal error? Why doesn't the installation manager let me copy the error message? I saved it as a screen shot instead. Here are the highlights below:

IBM Rational Team Concert Client 2015.12.21.145546
Help System Base 3.6.101
Help System Base 4.0.201 

I also failed to install the Windows 7 64-bit shell extension due to Microsoft's limit of 15 icon overlays that conflicts with TortoiseSVN and WinMerge. Maybe the command line CLM SCM will work so far I'm 0 for 2 and are wasting away the day instead of loading our project into RTC Jazz from ClearCase.

I had to uninstall CCRC7 and the old IBM Installation Manger to install the new 64-bit installation manager and get this far. The eclipse download is one step done this is crazy just to get a client going.

So far the jazz experience does not coexist, play well with others, or increase productivity. Should have got a mac with git/jira as far as I can tell so far.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 23 '15, 12:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I was able to install 6.0.1 with the 32 bit version of the Install Manager without any trouble (on my 64 bit Windows machine).    I got warnings about icons when I installed the Windows shell extension, but the RTC Windows shell extension appears to be working fine (and I'm seeing the RTC icons in the Windows explorer).  If you don't get a response on the forum, I'd suggest filing a ticket with IBM support so they can help you figure out what happened in your environment.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.