It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using $public and $projectAreaUUID on QM RPE reports

Richard Good (872158) | asked Jul 11 '18, 7:23 a.m.
edited Jul 11 '18, 10:16 a.m.

Hello

I am having issues using the environmental variables to choose a Test Plan to run a RPE report on. Would be a nice elegant solution and allow me to use the same report on different servers and project areas without changing the DTA template every time. I am using RPE 2.0.1 and Quality Manager 6.0.2.

I get the following error, just doesn't seem to work at all is there a way of enabling it?

Can't upload screenshot due to some childish IBM reputation point limitation

Anyway not important, upshot is that the variables are not resolved, the request URL I am trying is as follows: -

$public/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/$projectAreaUUID/testplan.

I followed the following article by Dragos Cojocari

https://rpeactual.com/2015/12/18/configuring-rpe-template-to-generate-documents-from-rtc/

Thanks for any help

Richard

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Jul 11 '18, 10:41 a.m.
edited Jul 11 '18, 10:42 a.m.

Please try setting Metadata Configuration as follows:
Type: anyuri
Identifier: /feed/entry/id
Display: /feed/entry/title
Request URL: ${public}/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/${projectAreaUUID}/testplan

Note that the curly braces. When you generate report through RQM, you should see all the testplan listed on clicking Browse button. On choosing a specific testplan, corresponding testplan URL will be set as the data source URL.

In the link you mentioned, I have given details on metadata configuration for RTC. You can rather refer https://rpeactual.com/2014/08/18/rpe-configuration-layer-or-docgen-configuration-made-simple/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.