It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 6.0.6: Is there a method to cancel a 'Clone From Component' activity that is hanging?

Daniel Barbour (250222) | asked Aug 08 '18, 11:01 a.m.

I am testing the Clone-from-Component feature in RQM 6.0.6 (which worked in earlier versions) but the dialog is 'stuck' displaying "Merging Configuration...".

The 'new' component is empty and I am merging from a previously baseline component.  I have selected 1 Parent Test Plan for cloning from the baselined component.  This parent has 2 children.  If I hover over the 'pending' icon (which has been showing for over an hour at this point) the dialog displays "Artifact pending to be merged when accept all."   If there is supposed to be an 'accept all' dialog box - I am not seeing it.

Any suggestions to resolve this issue will be welcomed.

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Barbour (250222) | answered Aug 08 '18, 11:49 a.m.
edited Aug 08 '18, 2:00 p.m.

Followup:  I found that cancelling is possible if the Browser page is refreshed - then the Close button becomes active and the Merge session can be cancelled.

However - the larger question is 'Why is the merge session failing to complete at all?'

I have tried
a) Starting/Stopping the server
b) Re-indexing QM
c) Installing iFix001a

If anyone on this forum has successfully cloned artifacts from a component in RQM 6.0.6 I would be interested in hearing about it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.