It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Sections ID

Rohan Bhardwaj (261) | asked Mar 13 '23, 11:55 a.m.
closed Mar 20 '23, 2:08 p.m. by David Honey (1.8k17)

Hello,

How can I find all of the section ids/display names of the test case sections?

I found this:

To determine the name/display name of predefined sections:

1. Update the predefined section of a resource in the Rational Quality Manager UI.
  2. Read the resource as XML with  abbreviate=false .
  3. Locate the element in the XML document with the section name (e.g.  com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseAcceptanceCriteria ).
  4. Locate the  extensionDisplayName  attribute in the element containing the section display name (e.g.  RQM-KEY-TC-ACCEPT-CRITERIA-TITLE ).
However when I inspect the page, I do not see anything that says extensionDisplayName, and I am not sure how to set the abbreviate to false.

The issue I am running into is that every time I upload a excel file, it will duplicate the test sections instead of updating, how can I avoid this? 

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by davidhoney Mar 20 '23, 2:08 p.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rohan Bhardwaj (261) | answered Mar 13 '23, 5:56 p.m.

Hello, I was able to answer my own question, if you right click the section and click inspect (edge browser) you can find the element. The mistake I was making was that I was looking for the extensionDisplayName to look like RQM-KEY... Mine did not look like this but instead was just "Test Procedure".

I hope this helps someone else.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 14 '23, 5:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks for sharing.