It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Web Client Fails installation

vijay gopal (111) | asked Jul 04 '18, 1:56 p.m.

Hi,

I am trying to install RTC Web Client 6.0.4 and its constantly failing during the renaming phase of the directory. The installer is trying to use IBM Installation manager 1.8.6 to install RTC Web Client 6.0.4. The error that I receive during installation is given below - 

java.io.IOException: Failed to rename file 'C:\ProgramData\IBM\Installation Manager\adapters\native\IBM Installation Manager\com.ibm.sdp.eclipse.ide\backupDirs\0_' to 'C:\ProgramData\IBM\Installation Manager\adapters\native\IBM Installation Manager\com.ibm.sdp.eclipse.ide\backupDirs\0

I am running the installer as administrator and I have full admin privileges on my machine. I have reinstalling this several times but I keep getting the same error. I have tried installing this on my peer developer's workstation even there I am seeing the same error.

Can some one explain on how to resolve this issue?

Comments
Ian Wark commented Jul 05 '18, 3:40 a.m.

You can't install the Web client for CLM, it comes with the server. I guess you are installing the server for RTC 6.0.4.

I don't know the cause of your error, but I would suggest to install a different way. If you are using the Web Installer, I would suggest to download the media locally and try installing with Installation Manager repositories. In that scenario, you download IBM Installation Manager (IM) separately first and install it and then add the other media, by referencing it from IM. That way you can also see if installing IBM Installation Manger itself is running into a problem. BTW, you can download the latest version of IM to install CLM.

Here it shows you both install options
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/6.0.4?p=allDownloads

vijay gopal commented Jul 05 '18, 12:06 p.m.
Thanks for the reply. I downloaded CLM-Web-Installer-Win-6.0.4.zip from Jazz downloads. When I click on launchpad.bat it provides with multiple options. One of the option from that is Install the Client Tools. On clicking that I can see "Rational Team Concert Shell" and this is the one I am trying to install.  

Apart from that could you please point me to media location? I am unable to find one 

Don Yang commented Jul 06 '18, 3:07 a.m.

Rational Team Concert Windows shell integration in https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/6.0.4?p=allDownloads should be the one you mentioned.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.