It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What number is RELM "Show Count" suppposed to display?

James Davidson (133) | asked May 08 '18, 1:17 p.m.

In RELM 6.0.5 I have a container that shows a single artifact when "Show Artifacts" is selected, but shows the number 33 when "Show Count" is selected.  Shouldn't it be showing  a count of 1?   In general, the count displayed is much larger than the number of artifacts displayed.  Occasionally the count matches the number of artifacts.  I am displaying Design Manager artifacts.

2 answers

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (904613) | answered May 08 '18, 2:11 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi James,

You can see details behind the count by checking Show Query Results. Have you verified count with query to see how many items are listed?

Comments
James Davidson commented May 09 '18, 10:24 a.m.

Thanks Fariz. The scales have been lifted from my eyes, at least partially.

Yes, the count that is displayed corresponds to the number of items in the query result.  The query result appears to correspond to the number of artifacts in the container plus the gross number of artifacts that might populate the containers to which links are being shown.  For example, I have a container that holds a single modeling project, and in another container I am showing the number of packages, qualified by a name pattern, that are owned by the modeling project. The query result in the Modeling Project container lists the Modeling Project itself plus all of the packages (32 of them) that are in the model, irrespective of the name pattern. The other container shows just the two packages that comply with the name pattern.  That container's count is similarly affected by the containers down the line.

So now I think I understand what the count is, but I don't understand why anyone would want to show that count. 

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (904613) | answered May 09 '18, 11:55 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi James,

Glad that it is working as designed. I suggest to look at the blog to understand why count is interestering for some customers, https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2017/12/11/whats-new-in-rational-engineering-lifecycle-manager-6-0-5/.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.