It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get the list of active users in RELM?

Shinji Kanai (591014) | asked May 19 '14, 5:09 a.m.
edited Dec 03 '17, 6:10 p.m. by Fariz Saracevic (919613)

Hello
Does anyone know how to obtain the following information in RELM?
1. The list of active users currently using RELM.
2. The list of users who logged in/out RELM.
After reading similar questions on other Jazz apps, I come to think that this sort of information has to be managed and exposed by underlying JTS, rather than to be provided by individual tools. Am I correct? The only source I know where such information can be obtained is log file, but any other sources or (hidden) REST API to make it possible? As to #2, RLKS reporting tool can be used to trace license usage. Any update is highly welcome.

Thank you in advance.
--Shinji

Accepted answer

permanent link
John Carolan (71616) | answered May 19 '14, 11:12 a.m.
Hi Shinji,

For #1, there may be other ways to do this, but (for floating licenses) I would navigate to Server -> Licensing -> Issued Leases in the JTS running the license server, and select the Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager license from the listbox.  This will also show the timeout until the license for each user expires.

Hope that helps,

John
Shinji Kanai selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Shinji Kanai commented May 20 '14, 7:06 a.m. | edited May 20 '14, 7:07 a.m.

Hi John,

Thank you very much for the update! Yes, your suggestion will solve #1; sorry... I should have checked that before posting. As to #2, RLKS Reporting tool (as of 8.1.4.2) doesn't provide license usage for RELM yet, however floatingLicenseLogFile.csv seems containing some useful information, I will take a deep dive into it. To enable floatingLicenseLogFile.csv, one might refer to RCL IC (below):

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rational/v0r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.license.doc/topics/r_SrvAdmRpt_FAQ.html

Best Regards,

--Shinji

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.