It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to archive a Lifecycle Project?

Tiago Portolon (638) | asked Apr 15 '16, 10:09 a.m.
edited May 17 '16, 9:27 a.m. by Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12)
Hi,

I want to archive my lifecycle projects, if it's possible. Currently I'm using Jazz CLM 6.0.1, and I will update to 6.0.2 version, as soon as this version is released.
I noticed that it's possible to archive a single project area (or an Artifact Container), but I didn't find how to archive the whole lifecycle project.

Then I have 2 questions:
1. If I archive a project area (or a Lifecycle project, if it's possible), how can I download it to my computer?
2. If I just can archive the project areas, how can I save the Lifecycle project which they belong? Is there some configuration file (e.g. xml) that I can save in my computer?

Thanks in advance,

Portolon

Comments
Don Yang commented Apr 17 '16, 11:35 p.m.

it is not clear why you want to archive LPA in 6.0.1 before you upgrade to v6.0.2. If you are considering to export the LPA from 6.0.1 and then import it into 6.0.2, the better option is to upgrade your 6.0.1 to 6.0.2 so that you can continue using everything in your current v6.0.1 in 6.0.2 including LPA(as you are asking for 'download to local machine, I am wondering what the intention behind it). There is no direct way to export or import project areas in CLM currently except export the template of each application.
In terms of archiving LPA, you can archive the project one by one for all associated project areas. for 2nd question, I don't know what you mean "save the Lifecycle project which they belong", you may want to elaborate what the intention is that about.

Donald Nong commented Apr 18 '16, 2:32 a.m.

I have this impression that you got the wrong idea what "archive" does. In CLM, "archive" basically means to make a project "inactive". It has nothing to so with "backup".

Tiago Portolon commented Apr 20 '16, 10:25 a.m. | edited Apr 20 '16, 10:32 a.m.

Don Yang,
I want to archive and restore the Lifecycle projetcs in a similar fashion to Doors 9.x. Our server here will be formated before upgranding to Jazz CLM 6.0.2. My intention to download the projects to my workstation comes from this. By "save the lifecycle project which they belong" I mean saving the relations among the different project areas, since the LPA project itself doesn't exist.

Tiago Portolon commented Apr 20 '16, 11:23 a.m.

Donald Nong,
You're correct. My initial idea was that archiving a project in Jazz had the same meaning of archiving a requirement project in Doors. What I noticed (beyond that archiving a project area just makes it inactive) is that is possible export the project area configuration in txt format.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.