It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to check the user name that is being passed to the Rational License Key Server for a RPE authorized license?

Janet Charbonneau (852754) | asked May 03 '18, 10:22 a.m.
edited May 03 '18, 10:24 a.m.

We are on Jazz 6.0.4 and are using RPE 6.0.5 for the Excel output.  I have a new RPE user who installed RPE on his laptop.  He is running Windows 7.  We put the correct license key server into the TELELOGIC_LICENSE_FILE environment variable.  We have authorized licenses, so we have the ibmratl.opt file configured with a line for each user (INCLUDE RPE_PUBLISH USER firstname.lastname.)  I have verified that he is in this ibmratl.opt file and have moved his entry to be the first line in the file.  We are getting an error that states "A valid license could not be found."  Then is shows:

User/host not in INCLUDE list for feature.
Feature:  RPE_PUBLISH
License path: 27000@JazzReporting
FLEXnet Licensing error: -39,147
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation, available at www.flexarasoftware.com.

This is the same error we were getting when we had incorrectly entered our user names in the ibmratl.opt file.  On original setup we thought it needed to match the user name that we are using in Jazz, but realized that it is actually using the user name that we use to log on to our laptop. 

Is there a way to verify the user name that is being passed to the Rational License Key Server for the RPE license?

2 answers

permanent link
Janet Charbonneau (852754) | answered May 04 '18, 10:23 a.m.

We resolved this issue.  The user was logging onto his laptop with the user name of firstname.lastname in all lower case.  However, when we went to Windows Task Manager and looked at the Users tab, the user that was logged on had the first letter in both the first name and last name as a capital letter i.e. Firstname.Lastname.  When we changed the INCLUDE line to have the uppercase letters in it, then it worked fine.  The Rational License Key Server is case sensitive and must match the user that is logged in as shown on the Task Manager Users tab.

permanent link
Ashwini Patil (11) | answered May 04 '18, 2:57 a.m.

This is the format of the Include line.
INCLUDE feature[:keyword=value] type {name | group_name}

Looks like user name is not properly configured in the opt file. Change the name to the username that is used by application.

Comments
Janet Charbonneau commented May 04 '18, 9:52 a.m.

When we first set this up, we were using the username that we use to log into the Jazz applications and it did not work. Then I realized that we are not logged onto Jazz when we start RPE, so it can't be using that user name. At that point we changed it to the user name that we use to log onto the laptop and that worked fine. For my ID, the line in the file is "INCLUDE RPE_PUBLISH USER janet.charbonneau" and it is working just fine.  My Jazz application ID is jcharbonneau and it did not work with that user name on the INCLUDE line.  And, just to make sure, we tried the same user name as the Jazz application this morning for my co-worker and it is still not working for him.  Therefore, I want to find out where that user name is stored so I can look at it on his laptop.  It never asks for a user name upon install or when starting RPE.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.