It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to run RPE reports with JRS data source from RPENG?

Robert Huet (23112884) | asked Feb 19 '18, 9:03 a.m.

Does IBM support running RPE reports with a JRS data source from RPE NG?  So far, I have not been able to get this to work.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Feb 20 '18, 11:42 a.m.

For DNG, Authentication is usually OAuth. In the template, you can try setting Authentication property for the Data Source Configuration element to OAuth.

Robert Huet selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Robert Huet commented Feb 24 '18, 8:26 p.m.

That did it!  Thanks!

One other answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Feb 19 '18, 11:46 a.m.

Running RPE report with JRS data source should work in RPENG (Document Builder). You need to set authentication method to "Basic" for JRS data source / connection.
Are you seeing any issue other than authentication error?

Comments
Robert Huet commented Feb 20 '18, 10:01 a.m.

The driving JRS query seems to be working, but then I'm getting the following 401 error on my first dynamic query.  I'm using the same connection for my dynamic queries (system requires a connection for these although it seems I should be able to skip them since they are dynamic).

Error in engine Unauthorized Reponse message: Unauthorized Request URL: https://myserver.com/rm/publish/modules?moduleURI=_A2sSQXOrEeeBHs59x_vypg Reponse code: 401

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.