It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

On JTS Setup for a DB2 Connection How do I know to use J2EE or JDBC?

Christopher Schiltz (1126) | asked Apr 25 '18, 8:07 p.m.

JTS 6.05, WAS Liberty, DB2 10.5 on a Windows 2012 Server. Running the JTS Setup how do you know to use J2EE or JDBC and for either selection how do you know what the associated information should be? For J2EE it needs a Data Source Name.  Where can I find this information.  For JDBC it needs Location and Password. When I created the DB2 database I paid attention and remembered what Password I gave it.  I think the name of the location was DB2ADMIN but that doesn't sound like a location.  Of course all of this is resulting in not being able to connect to the database or to pass the connection test.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Apr 25 '18, 10:00 p.m.

Unless you have created a J2EE data source (if you don't even know what it is, you definitely have not done so), you should use JDBC, which is used in the majority of the deployments. I don't see a "location" in the JDBC connection string. When you select JDBC, an example is given, such as "Example: //localhost:50000/JTS:user=db2inst1;password={password};", so what you need are DB server name/IP address and port number, DB name, DB user name and DB user password.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.