It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Interactive Upgrade Guide inconsistency?

Michael Reed (126111) | asked Nov 16 '16, 11:36 a.m.
edited Nov 17 '16, 7:09 a.m. by Paul Slauenwhite (8.3k12)
Could someone verify for me the exact right version of the sqljdbc jar file that needs to be used? In our old environment we are using sqljdbc_4.0.jar but want to be sure that will work moving to 6.0.x.

I'm pretty sure this is not supposed to be the case but I was running through the preparation for upgrading and decided to use the interactive upgrade guide and found a conflicting JDBC driver version reference in the same section...

Meet your database prerequisites:
  • You have the correct user name and password.
  • Before you start the upgrade process, verify the integrity of the database by running the -verify repotools command.
  • You backed up your database before you started the upgrade process. For information about backing up databases, see your database vendor documentation.
  • You ensured that the Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) driver is installed, and you are using sqljdbc_4.1.jar.
  • You created an environment variable named SQLSERVER_JDBC_DRIVER_FILE and pointed to the /opt/IBM/sqljdbc_4.0.jar JDBC driver.
  • The SQL service is started.

One answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12632) | answered Nov 19 '16, 8:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Michael,

what database are you using? From the text I conclude that most likely it is MS SQL Server?
Which version are you running?

Also it makes a whole lot of difference if you update to CLM 6.0.2 or 6.0.3
Starting in 6.0.3 only Java 7 is supported. For MS SQL this means you need sqljdbc_4.1.jar as you upgrade, at least according to https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms378422%28v=sql.110%29.aspx

Please file a defect against documentation / interactive upgrade guide if you did enter upgrade to 6.0.3 and it mentions a wrong driver version.

If this is helpful please mark the answer as accepted.

- Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.