It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Moving complete project - Templates vs ReqIF

Sean F (1.3k243150) | asked Mar 21 '18, 3:55 p.m.
It seems like there are 2 methods for moving a DNG project area from one server to another:-
ReqIF and Templates
What are the pros and cons of each approach?
Does one or both methods include all of:-
Artifacts Types, Link types, Preferred LinkTypes, Link Constraints, Modules, Views, Artifacts, Links, History, Baselines, Work Flows, 

2 answers

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243150) | answered Mar 24 '18, 10:06 a.m.
 Digging a bit more into the doco it seems that ReqIF does not remember Audit History and also Templates do not remember Audit History
So it seems there is essentially no way to transfer a complete project from one server to another like there was in old DOORS (?)

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 23 '18, 2:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not aware of any project move with history. This is true for all the Jazz products.
There have been efforts in development but noting is available so far.

Sean F commented Jul 23 '18, 2:05 p.m.
^Thanks Ralph
The old DOORS 9.x database structure was totally different and I think archiving with history was probably an easier feature to implement than it would be for DNG.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 23 '18, 2:33 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

And lets not forget that pretty much everyone was complaining that Doors did not have a relational database backend........

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243150) | answered Jul 21 '18, 12:15 p.m.
I drew up this comparison table as I could not find one in the doco.

If anyone thinks there are any differences I have missed please let me know.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.