It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating New Project Areas in Rational Quality Manager 4.0.3

Paul Spalitta (8143037) | asked May 07 '13, 11:00 a.m.
retagged May 08 '13, 12:18 p.m. by Lisa Caten (342913)
We have been using one project area for all of our testing projects in RQM 3.0.1. When we migrate to 4.0.3 we want to explore the possibility of using multiple project areas but we have concerns about maintaining a unified process in all project areas (regulated industry).

Note: We are using DOORS and ClearQuest with RQM. We are going to upgrade to DOORS 9.5.0.1 when we upgrade to RQM 4.0.3.

I am exploring the creation of multiple project areas and I am wondering about the following:
  1. What tools are available for ensuring all project areas have the same roles, permissions, preconditions/follow-up actions, Approval Trackings, Email Templates, Work Items, etc. And that Artifact Categories and Attributes are all the same. Do Project Templates contain all of those items? It seems like the Process Sharing feature doesn't share changes in roles. I would be interested in getting more information about how the Process Sharing feature works.
  2. Tools for re-establishing requirement links between DOORS and RQM if we copy test cases between project areas.
Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Vatsala Ramachandran (12314) | answered May 10 '13, 7:18 a.m.
Hi,

Please refer to the following post to understand what all can be shared as part of process sharing.

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/92032/rqm-project-area-properties-are-not-part-of-process-sharing-functionality

As far as I know, I don't think there are any in-built tools available to re-establish the links between DOORS and RQM. You can probably try some DXL script to accomplish this

Regards,
Vatsala

permanent link
Bob Gallagher (3211) | answered May 10 '13, 8:30 a.m.
Please refer to this help topic
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/c_setup_new_project.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.