It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is a good method of preventing one or more ALM apps from starting up?

Bryan Miller - Integration Developer (4493531) | asked Nov 03 '14, 11:54 a.m.
I would like to prevent RRC/DNG from starting when the ALM application is started.  Is there a nice clean way to do that?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Nov 03 '14, 4:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have been looking at this, but did not find a straightforward solution

One thing you can do, though not very elegant, is to rename the WEB-INF directory (ie /server/tomcar/webapps/rm/WEB-INF) to something else (NOSTART-WEB-INF) which will prevent RRC/RDNG from starting. Renaming it back to WEB-INFO will enable it again after a recycle. As it does try to start the webapp, some resource will be used, but not the full app.

Bryan Miller - Integration Developer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Bryan Miller - Integration Developer commented Nov 03 '14, 5:26 p.m.

Bas, that is actually the most elegant solution so far.   I dug around into the various config files and there is no simple method of disabling a web app.   I should try to start tomcat manager and see if I can access the application from there.

Bas Bekker commented Nov 03 '14, 7:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Think Tomcat installed with CLM does not come out of the box with the manager app.

Bryan Miller - Integration Developer commented Nov 04 '14, 1:39 p.m.

I noticed that.  That would have been a good solution.  I have renamed the WEB-INF file and that is working perfectly.  Thanks again!

One other answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Nov 03 '14, 3:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Bryan,

I assume that you are using an environment where all the CLM applications are running in a single application server, like Tomcat, and that you don't want the application at all.

You could de-register the application from the JTS and delete the .war file

Or are you asking for something else?

Comments
Bryan Miller - Integration Developer commented Nov 03 '14, 4:01 p.m.

Hi Robin,

Yes, I am running from Tomcat.  I only require RTC for this integration and the performance when running full-on ALM is killing my performance (too many applications running in 16GB :-)

I would prefer not to de-register the app and delete the .war file in the event I wish to start it later.   Is there a batch file or config file that can be edited to prevent the application from starting?

Thanks!

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 04 '14, 4:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You could rename the .war file (e.g. war_), ore move it into a different folder.
There is no batch, as Tomcat automatically scans for the war file and deploys it if it is there.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.