It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Purpose of RPE built in DNG schema types?

Sean F (929) | asked Mar 18 '18, 2:21 p.m.

New versions of RPE come with 2 built in schema types for DNG in the schena type drop-down when inserting a schema

DNG Text

DNG Module

(both of these auto-select the schema type Genric XML in the second dropdown

What is the significance of these options?

I am using RPE 1.3

It does not have these options. I have followed tutorials for using RPE with DNG and I have chosen the default DS 1 schema type from the first drop-down (which also auto selects Generic XML from the 2nd drop down)

My templates work just like the ones in the tutorial.

So what are these DNG specific options for in newer versions of RPE?

What is the difference between templates made using these 2 options vs onces made using default DS 1 option?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Mar 19 '18, 1:52 a.m.
edited Mar 19 '18, 1:55 a.m.

It is just for improving user experience. Most commonly used schemas are listed as predefined schemas, so that user (RPE designer) can just enter [host] and [port] values instead of entering complete schema URL (https://[host]:[port]/rm/publish/modules?metadata=schema) while adding data source schema.
You can also select DS1 and provide any schema URL and it works fine and there is no difference. You can set the Name and Description of your choice.

Sean F selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sean F commented Mar 19 '18, 10:07 a.m.
Thanks.
Good to know my RPE 1.3 efforts are valid.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.