It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems when generate the “Table of Tables” and “Table of Figure” by using RPE from DNG

Jennifer Ly (1517) | asked Oct 03 '17, 2:24 p.m.

I have DNG 6.04 and RPE 2.1.2 installed in my project computer.

I've tried to run RPE report for a document after import it into DNG.  The Table of Figures and Table of Tables are not generated for some reasons &  It was appeared as "No Table of Figures entries found".

I also have populated the Table captions for Table and Figures Captions for Figures in DNG. and setup a container for Table Caption and Figures Caption in my RPE template.  So, what was wrong with my setup?

Can anyone help me to resolve this problem?

Comments
Jennifer Ly commented Oct 03 '17, 2:49 p.m.

Sorry,  I got RPE 2.1.1 installed.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96039) | answered Oct 03 '17, 9:00 p.m.

Hi Jennifer,

I have a similar issue recently with TOF. It is caused by that I have extracted images as a text artifact with embedded images (as opposed to image format). So they are not recognized as a standalone image.

In my case, these images are shown as File formats in DNG, but also they are wrapperResource formats. I have verified by REST API as below:
https://server:9443/rm/publish/resources?resourceURI=MB_4dae682f17754c18a6c0b0ac013dde98

where resourceURI is obtained from DNG by selecting image artifact and select "Share link..." like
https://servert:9443/rm/resources/MB_4dae682f17754c18a6c0b0ac013dde98?oslc_config.contex...

If the first REST API URL contains tag <rrm:wrappedResourceURI>, then the images can be obtained by adding one more Data Source Configuration for Wrapper Resource. Inside the sample templete DNG_Module.dta in RPE, there is a DSC definition for UIsketch format. You may change it from UIsketch to wrappedResource with Figure Caption like below screenshot. Then it will insert the valid captions for these images, and let you create TOF with these captions.  

Jennifer Ly selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kenji Sarai commented Oct 03 '17, 9:27 p.m.

You can follow the similar way for uisketches, usecasediagrams formats, except diagram format. See the discussion in
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/231407/get-diagram-picture-in-dng-into-rpe-report

6 other answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Oct 04 '17, 6:57 a.m.

If you have the captions added in DNG, you need not add Table Caption or Fugure Caption element in RPE template. If DNG (reportable REST URL) gives tables or figures without captions, then you should add them in RPE.

You may refer the sample RPE template and generate document. In this, TOF will include uisketches and wrapped resource images. Depending on the type of artifact you have in DNG, you can modify the template.

permanent link
Jennifer Ly (1517) | answered Oct 05 '17, 3:45 p.m.

Hi Kenji,

I've modified my template and rerun the test .... but still got problems with "Table of Figures". Below are my screenshots for the updates:

RPE Template:

RPE output:

Title and Page # are not come out correctly.

Comments
Jennifer Ly commented Oct 05 '17, 3:57 p.m.

I cannot posted my screenshots for you to review...

Sorry...  It doesn't take it.!

permanent link
Jennifer Ly (1517) | answered Oct 05 '17, 3:48 p.m.

Comments
Jennifer Ly commented Oct 05 '17, 3:59 p.m.

2nd try... still cannot post the screenshot !

permanent link
Jennifer Ly (1517) | answered Oct 05 '17, 3:48 p.m.

RPE output:

Comments
Jennifer Ly commented Oct 05 '17, 4:01 p.m.

Another try... Still doesn't work !!!

Can I send my screenshots to your email ?

Thanks,

Jennifer.

Kenji Sarai commented Oct 06 '17, 12:34 a.m.

Does it work fine with the template Prasad has provided? If so, something went wrong with your template. Also do you set an appropriate artifact name for the artifact with images? Artifact name (or caption name) in DNG will be automatically copied as a title in TOF.

You may try again to upload screenshots, there was an outage in jazz.net website today which might be the cause.

Jennifer Ly commented Oct 06 '17, 1:21 a.m.

I've tried the template Prasad provided with the attribute type (in DNG) of Figure Title is  "Figures Caption" and attribute type (DNG) of Diagram is "Figure" (same with Table). But "Table of Figures" and "Table of Table" are not come out in RPE output.  I would like to attach my screenshots of my Template and RPE output for your review but it's not let me post with my screenshot.

Please help !

Thanks,

Jennifer.

Kenji Sarai commented Oct 06 '17, 2:42 a.m.

The template Prasad provided has a DSC for UIsketch and WrapperResource only. So this template obtains these artifacts formats only. Other formats will be ignored. Open these target artifacts (for Figure) in DNG, and check artifact format (not type). They should be "User interface sketch", "Wrapper resource", or "File". What is the artifact format for Figure?

Either way, it is very difficult to continue in the forum. Are you able to open PMR to contact IBM support?

Jennifer Ly commented Oct 06 '17, 9:53 a.m.

Hi Kenji,

Thank you very much for your answer & support.  I have open an PMR to contact IBM support since 5, 6 weeks ago (PMR # PMR 15052,227,000 - HPES-NG-G-DOD - S3 - Problems when creating the Table of Tables and Table of Figures) and could not get an answer to resolve the problems.  It takes a support guy to get back to me once every week for the same problems with the same answer.  He said my template is setup correctly and works fine with his document but never get back to me for an answer of how to make it work in my document. Anyway, I gave up on him and was thinking about to report to my manager about this issue. I found this forum was helpful and thank you very much that you're response my question very quick after few hours with the answer that may help me to resolve the problems.

I still have problems to generate the Table of Figures and Table of Tables.  Is there anyway that I can attached my screenshot for you to review? I work in a standalone computer & has no network connection. Screenshot is the best way to view the RPE template & RPE output.

Thanks,

Jennifer.

permanent link
Jennifer Ly (1517) | answered Oct 06 '17, 12:46 a.m.

Hi Kenji,

Thank you very much for your answer.  I desperately need help in my RPE report.  Please review the screenshots below:

Data Preview:

RPE output:

DNG attribute setup for Figures:

permanent link
Jennifer Ly (1517) | answered Oct 06 '17, 12:49 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.