It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDG: Replace doc with docm as new style sheet failed.

Chidambaram L (23414285) | asked May 09 '23, 10:17 a.m.
edited May 09 '23, 10:47 a.m.
I am using ELM 702 iFix15.

Following configuration generates report correctly:
Template: <jazzteamserverhome>\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\rrdg\report123.dta
Style Sheet: <jazzteamserverhome>\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\word\report123.doc

New Style Sheet report123.docm added to word folderreport123.doc deleted from word folder. There is a macro inside the new style sheet.

Manifest.MF

Name: report123
Label: report123
Description: report123
Content-Type: application/octet-stream
Is-Report: true

Name: word
Content-Type: application/msword

deleted: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\rrc_reports\
ELM server restarted.

report is still generated with old style sheet.
dsx file generated by rrdg in temp folder refers to old style sheet: https://localhost:9443/rm/publish/templateLibrary/report123.doc

Both URI launched in the browser, downloads the respective files.

searching report123.doc inside <jazzteamserverhome> shows up only report123.docm file. From where is report123.doc referenced. I need the new style sheet to be used.

ROE studio successfully generates the report after executing the macro; _runMacro variable is used.

Is there any other configurations required for using docm file as a style sheet.

Comments
Chidambaram L commented May 09 '23, 10:54 a.m. | edited May 09 '23, 11:05 a.m.

long question short:

Following configuration generates report without style sheet:
Template: <jazzteamserverhome>\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\rrdg\report123.dta
Style Sheet: <jazzteamserverhome>\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\word\report123.docm

How to to use docm as style sheet in RRDG.

2 answers

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (919613) | answered May 09 '23, 11:04 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I found a few hints:

If the macros are required in the output document you need to change the output extension to doc or docm.
If the macros are required in the output document you need to change the output extension to doc or docm or provide the macros through a Word document template (.dot) associated with the stylesheet.
The macro is run only if Microsoft Word is available on the computer that hosts PUB.

The macro must be defined in the style sheet. Run the macro with Microsoft Word in visible mode, which lets you confirm or cancel messages added by the macros. The macro might run for a while, depending on its complexity and the length of the document. Wait for the macro to complete before opening the document. To run macros for Microsoft Word 2007 formats, specify the .docm (document with macros) extension for the output document.

If this does not help, I suggest opening a support ticket.

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.4k217) | answered May 09 '23, 9:51 p.m.
As far as I know you cannot use any other extension other than .doc for templates uploaded to the DNG server (the links above are for ELO Publishing, which is a different tool and which can use other extensions).

I also believe that you'll need to save the doc in Word 97 format, which will allow macros to be embedded without a name change.

As mentioned above, if you want to auto run a macro, you'll need to have ELM (or the RM application at least) installed on a Windows machine - ELM instances in the IBM SaaS environment are all hosted in Linux containers and they can't run the macros. My clients know to run them manually once the report has been created and downloaded

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.