It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using Regular expressions for DNG filtering and searching?

ed Neubecker (15322647) | asked Mar 13 '18, 2:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
retagged Feb 07 '19, 7:41 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)

Does DNG support any query language for advance filtering?
Looking for guidance on if Regular expressions, or some other query language can be used to help with something more than just simple text searching.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered Mar 14 '18, 6:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 14 '18, 6:45 a.m.

If you have LQE then you can use SPARQL against the LQE Sparql endpoint. I've done this using python and I'm sure it's possible in other languages that can invoke http calls.

Or if you have LQE and Report Builder, then you can use RB to create the basic query you want, then edit the RB-generated SPARQL if you want to go beyond what RB's graphic report builder can do - or replace the SPARQL and use handwritten - using RB has the advantage of subsequent better usability of the query/report than having done some python/java/whatever coding to use the sparql endpoint.

ed Neubecker selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Axel Reichwein (2613) | answered Mar 13 '18, 3:05 p.m.

In the past, we have converted the DNG content in a separate triplestore and then run SPARQL queries supporting regular expressions against the content in the triplestore. 

permanent link
ed Neubecker (15322647) | answered Mar 14 '18, 8:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks for the guidance on using LQE and RB. Very useful ideas to help.

To be complete, I am now looking for the "wild card" rules associated with the text search box that can be associated with a DNG filter.  It seems to be restricted to just the *  wildcard and I'd like to confirm this is the only wildcard that can be used for searching within DNG search windows.

Here is a reference to the DNG Infocenter on this feature.

permanent link
Bob 3 (1481564) | answered May 25 '18, 10:13 a.m.

Is it possible to use regular expressions in DNG attribute filters?

I have a string type attribute that I need to search for more than one value, but DNG doesn't allow more than one filter per attribute.
It would solve my problem if DNG supported regexp in the filter settings!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.