It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I show requirements changes in RDNG/RTC without baseline

Vani B (1391063) | asked Sep 22 '17, 1:23 a.m.
retagged Jan 03 '18, 1:36 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)

procedure to show requirements changes in RDNG/RTC without baseline.

I should be able to track the requirement changes based on due date also and email notification to the users based on the due date expiry.

There may one or more requirement change in any requirement specification which are discussed in the meeting by specific due date. I just want show only the requirement changes which were discussed in the meeting and which needs to fixed by due date.

Comments
Vani B commented Sep 22 '17, 1:26 a.m.

CLM RM version is  6.0.4 and global configuration is not configured

One answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Sep 25 '17, 4:13 a.m.

Hi,

you can view the artifact changes for requirements as documented in https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.4/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_view_artifact_revs.html

By the way, you can enable local configuration management for DNG without enabling or using Global Configuration management. GC is needed if you want to link local config management enabled DNG modules / requirements to versioned test plans / test cases.

- Arne

Comments
Vani B commented Sep 25 '17, 6:25 a.m.

Could you please let me know the procedure to enable local configuration management for DNG without GC.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 25 '17, 7:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

See: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS2L6K_6.0.2/com.ibm.rational.gcapp.doc/topics/c_app_admin_task_flow.html

To enable local configuration management without global configuration management, just skip the steps that reference the GC application.
But note that I know of no significant reason or benefit for activating local versioning, and not using global configuration management.

Karen Steele commented Sep 25 '17, 5:47 p.m. | edited Sep 25 '17, 5:48 p.m.

Is that doable in 6.0.2 I thought GC was all or nothing .. and how does one enable it purely for DNG  - is that running jts/server setup ?

Thx

Vani B commented Sep 26 '17, 2:37 a.m.

Hi Ulf Arne Bister,
Is it possible to generate the report, on the requirement changes instead of viewing the changes using history option in DNG both at module and project area level?

Ulf Arne Bister commented Sep 26 '17, 3:44 a.m.

That is at least material for two new excellent questions on jazz.net :-)
Local config: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.5/com.ibm.jazz.vvc.doc/topics/t_admin_stub-cfgSection.html
Notice how Geoff pointed out that once you use more than just DNG the real benefit is using it in the context of global configuration management.

As for reports, if you look at Reports in DNG and at the RPE templates there is one called Audit History. Is that what you need?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.