It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Defects Report from RRDI using RQM Parameter

Rajesh Avanthi (10815137173) | asked Nov 05 '12, 6:00 a.m.
Hi

I want to generate a report in RRDI which show the number of defects created, the number of defects resolved, and the total number of open defects. 
The list of defects should be based on selected parameters, such as the test plan, test milestone, test case, machine, owner, and test execution record state. 

Currently I am using RQM and CCM Version - 4.0 RRDI - 2.0

Any inputs on how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Nov 06 '12, 7:29 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The defect list report may work.  Otherwise, you will have to create a custom report.

Comments
Rajesh Avanthi commented Nov 13 '12, 5:19 a.m.

Thanks Paul

I would try with the Defect list report and check. Basically what I want is to create a custom report using RRDI which show the number of defects created, the number of defects resolved, and the total number
of open defects in a project area.
The list of defects should be based on selected parameters, such as the test plan, test milestone, test case, machine, owner, and test execution record state.
Along with the data the report should also contain the graphs.

For example there are some reports in RRDI like "Execution and Defects by Owner" and "Defect List By Test Case and Milestone" . So with help of these reports can we get the data graph as well?

Let  me know if you have any inputs on this.

Thanks again

Rajesh Avanthi commented Nov 15 '12, 6:54 a.m.

Does anyone have more inputs on this?

Thanks

Rajesh Avanthi commented Nov 17 '12, 5:58 a.m.

Any inputs please?

permanent link
Jun Wang (6077) | answered Nov 19 '12, 9:27 a.m.

RQM OOTB reports only show the defects that associated with execution result, then you are able to filter the defects by test plan, milestone. So if you would like to filter defects by RQM artifacts, the calculated defect numbers are execution result linked defects.

Do you want to see the trend graph to show  the number of defects created, the number of defects resolved, and the total number of open defects? Project, Test Plan, Milestone are dimensions of Requests related metrics of RRDI FM model but test case, machine and test execution record state are not. What is your owner point to, owner of defect or owner of others?

Right now, I am not sure you want to see trend data or current time data in the report.

You can create a chart in the Report Studio and the queries for your showing data using RRDI FM. Your asking reports  "Execution and Defects by Owner" and "Defect List By Test Case and Milestone" could be designed as graph in RRDI. Graph or table is not a technical issue but what I want to know is that you are asking trend report or ODS report.

Comments
Rajesh Avanthi commented Nov 26 '12, 12:49 a.m.

Hi

Firstly I want to know if any constant variable or field can be added in the Reports like if I want to have a project code filed and value should be like example PI-15.

Secondly I would like to know how to create graphs in RRDI. Any inputs on this would appreciated.

Also how can I edit already built-in reports in RRDI?

Thanks in advance

Jun Wang commented Nov 26 '12, 1:33 a.m.

You could add any field in the FM as parameter or field in reports. But if you want to show trend report, you need to investigate the metrics in FM if some could meet your requirements. It just provides a certain number of metrics in FM.

How to design graphs in RRDI, please refer to Cognos help about how to use Report Studio. It is hard to answer by one or two words.

After importing OOTB Cognos reports into RRDI, you could open it with Report Studio and customize based on them.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.