It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What happens to the JRS reports created by users in version 5.0.2 after the upgrade to 6.0.4?

Andre Gusmao (802540) | asked Feb 05 '18, 1:25 p.m.

Hello,

after the upgrade to CLM 6.0.4 from CLM 5.0.2, I can no longer find the reports I created in JRS back in 5.0.2. I can see all the new reports introduced by 6.0.4 under "Ready to Use" and "Ready to Copy", but I can't find the reports I created anywhere.
Is there a way to recover these reports? Or do I have to create them from scratch?

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Cathy Xu (390515) | answered Feb 05 '18, 8:41 p.m.

Hi Andre,

Did you apply any "Filters:Report" in your Report Builder>All Reports?

The database used to store all the Report Builder (RB) configurations and report definitions is stored in a DB below /server/conf/rs/db directory. The /server/conf/rs/db directory is a JENA TDB database(not a derby DB) and is used exclusively to store our report definitions and queries.
Upgrade CLM from 5.0.2 to 6.0.4 should not have changed this directory.

Do other users see their reports after the upgrade?
How about report managers, can they see all pre-existing reports from 5.0.2?

Andre Gusmao selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andre Gusmao commented Feb 06 '18, 12:32 p.m.

Hi Cathy,

thanks for the response. No filters are applied, the reports created in 5.0.2 simply weren't there. No user could see them, and the list of report managers was missing too.
I did find a /server/conf/rs/db directory in the 6.0.4 installation path. There was a db_backup directory there as well.
Before upgrading I made a backup of the contents /server/conf/rs directory, so I just copied the db directory from the backup to the /server/conf/rs/db directory and all the reports from 5.0.2 showed up. After copying the directory, I imported the OOTB reports form version 6.0.4.

Should I expect any issues after copying the /server/conf/rs/db directory from a 5.0.2 version into a 6.0.4 version?

Thanks again!

Cathy Xu commented Feb 06 '18, 8:25 p.m.

There should be no issues copying the /server/conf/rs/db directory from a 5.0.2 version into a 6.0.4 version.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.