It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Builder : Work Item State History : Days in State shows zero

Venkatesh Prasad (21721) | asked Dec 26 '17, 6:55 a.m.

Hello All,

We are using CLM V6.0.3 and in Report Builder, I am trying to generate a report where I am trying to calculate the difference between two dates. Precisely, I am trying to calculate the number of days by subtracting the Defect Creation date with Defect Closure date.
When I use  Work Item State History, I can see a column called "Days in State", but it shows zero for all the states in the output table.
I saw a few blogs and many have complained the same issue.

Also, I understand that JRS uses SPARQL, but this query builder supports very very limited SQL commands. I tried to use DATEDIFF, YEAR, MONTH but none of it is supported. Is there any other alternate way to achieve this requirement.

Thanks
Venkatesh Prasad

2 answers

permanent link
Alick Banda (43418) | answered Feb 21 '18, 4:10 a.m.

Has anybody figured this out? We have a similar requirement that requires a report of this nature. We are currently using CLM v 6.0.4. 

Thank you.

Alick

permanent link
Amy Silberbauer (30657) | answered Feb 21 '18, 8:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi all,
I built a Days In State report in a 6.0.4 environment. I can't say whether or not it would work in 6.0.3 -- I simply can't recall when the capabilities for state history were added or refined. Mine works fine. Have you considered that it is looking for days and not time? That is, if the state changed within the span of a single day, the "days in state" will be 0.

In any case, I'd be happy to share the report I have with you if you'd like to email me: asilber@us.ibm.com. It's quite a simple report where I choose Work Item Status History > Work Item.

Hope that helps,
Amy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.