It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 2.0.0.1 repotools -addTables

Kushal Munir (126103) | asked Sep 30 '09, 10:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

If I have RTC 2.0.0.1 and run repotools -import for a tar file that was produced by repotools -export from RTC 2.0 or RTC 1.0.x.x, do I still need to run repotools -addTables as stated in the release notes for 2.0.0.1? Will 2.0.0.1 repotools -import automatically create the new tables? Below is what is stated in the release notes:

If you are you deploying Team Concert 2.0.0.1 to a server that did not already have 2.0.0.1 M2 milestone deployed, you must run "repotools -addTables" after deploying Team Concert 2.0.0.1 but before running the server for the first time. This operation will add new tables that are required by changes in the Reports component as well as by components of Jazz Foundation Services. If you fail to do this you may see errors when running certain reports or when the server attempts to create snapshots for the data warehouse, or you may experience exceptions or see errors in the log such as "CRJAZ0398I Unable to find dbid for ItemType." If you are unable to perform this operation immediately after deploying Team Concert 2.0.0.1, you can still perform the operation later without compromising the integrity of any component metadata.

2 answers

permanent link
Umberto Ghio (2121) | answered Oct 01 '09, 8:02 a.m.
Hi Kmunir,

Repotools -import requires an empty database, and the end result will be a completely restored repository.
There's no need to run -addTables if you are not initializing a new empty repository.

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Oct 01 '09, 3:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
repotools -addTables is required only when you wish to use a 2.0.0.1 server against a 2.0 database. The JFS tables are not present in 2.0 database and repotools -addTables adds the tables.

--- Balaji

Hi Kmunir,

Repotools -import requires an empty database, and the end result will be a completely restored repository.
There's no need to run -addTables if you are not initializing a new empty repository.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.