It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does Rational Team Concert have a similar approach to keyword expansion of SVN

Verdan Salay (18817) | asked Nov 06 '15, 6:19 a.m.
 Hi RTC SME,

Does RTC support something close to keyword expansion of SVN?
if not, then is there a way for RTC place the version of the file inside the file itself during delivery or loading.
I need it to get track of what version of a specific file is currently running in my system.

Has anyone did this before? hoping to get some article or options on how can this be achieve 

Regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Oct 12 '17, 10:32 a.m.

Hi,

the answer just changed with 6.0.5 M5 : https://jazz.net/pub/new-noteworthy/rtc/6.0.5/M5/index.html#5

- Arne

David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 06 '15, 7:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The simple answer is: No. RTC SCM does, as far as I can tell not have this capability. I am not aware that it could be done, since all expansions in a file e.g. due to some generation, would end up in the file and, if the file is changed, cause a new change set.

I have seen this kind of capability in the past, but because the files are affected, I found it always a bit dubious. You can see information about the history in the SCM system and RTC has now a human readable version number, if you want it, that could be used for a build report.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.