It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Matching OWNER_ID and MODIFIED_ID from work items to Jazz usernames

Nathan Hoburn (1719) | asked Feb 07 '17, 2:17 p.m.

I am creating a custom SQL query to display the ownership / modified by history of a work item. (The JRS tool can not display this full history as shown in RTC). Using the JazzDW database, I am able to return the work item ID, Name, Owner_ID, Modified_ID, and Modified Date/ Time from the jazzdw.RICALM.Request_History table. At this point, I need to match the owner_id and modifier_id numbers with actual names. Does anyone know where the in the JazzDW database this information is stored? (This solution was recommended by IBM support, but the information I am requesting was not given)

SELECT REFERENCE_ID, NAME, OWNER_ID, MODIFIER_ID, REC_DATETIME FROM [jazzDW].[RICALM].[REQUEST_HISTORY] WHERE REFERENCE_ID = 'XXXX' AND NAME = 'TASK NAME'

ORDER BY REC_DATETIME DESC;

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Feb 07 '17, 4:12 p.m.

Hmm... I can see Modifier Name as an available attribute when doing work item history reports.   I see real user names, but sometimes "Resource full name not available"

Here's the info on the quickly thrown together report:

And a snap of the resulting report

Nathan Hoburn selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Nathan Hoburn commented Feb 08 '17, 2:06 p.m.

Thank you for this. As a new Jazz user, I was not fully aware of all of the reporting functions in JRS. Kind of surprised IBM support didn't point me to the 'Work Item History' area initially, but in any case, this solves my issue. Just adding to your sample report an 'Owner Name' column gives me exactly the information I need. 

Kevin Ramer commented Feb 08 '17, 3:19 p.m.

I've been doing Jazz things since '09 and I'm always learning something new!   Glad I could help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.