It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How gets a sandbox out of synch?

Tobias Burkhardt (1811115) | asked Sep 19 '14, 5:00 a.m.
retagged Sep 24 '14, 4:19 p.m. by Dejan Custic (2855)
 Hello together,

I have found this article https://jazz.net/library/article/126/#My_local_workspace_is_out_of_sync on jazz.net and I have some questions to this article. I hope you can help me.

It would be very good if someone can explain me the first two sentences in the chapter "How did it happen?"

Typically things get out of sync when you perform an action that involves updating the configuration of a component in your repository workspace but before the sandbox is fully updated, the action is cancelled or fails unexpectedly.  Most actions involving changes or conflicts affect the component configuration (for example, accept, discard, suspend, resume, resolving conflicts, undoing checked in changes, etc.).  

Also in the chapter "if you have unchecked in changes..." it says "Once the Eclipse workspace is back in sync again (and no errors during the load)."
Is this description for Visual Studio, too?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Tobias

2 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Sep 19 '14, 12:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For "How did it happen", it's the repository workspace that is altered with another client that doesn't update the sandbox. It's typical when the repository workspace is loaded more than once or is shown in Pending Changes (without loading) and accepting changes.

Reloading a workspace is possible in CLI, VS and Eclipse. It will bring the affected files back in sync. It will not reload everything.

Comments
Tobias Burkhardt commented Sep 23 '14, 12:42 a.m.

Hello Tim,

but the chapter "If you have unchecked in changes" says you should create a patch if you have unchecked in changes but in Visual Studio I don't found the possibility to create a patch. So what should I make in VS if the sandbox is out of synch and I have unchecked in changes?

Tim Mok commented Sep 23 '14, 11:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The create a patch option in Eclipse is Eclipse functionality that RTC leverages. The point is to preserve your changes in case they are important to you. If VS doesn't have this ability, you can backup your files and perform a diff after reloading your out-of-sync resources.

Tim Mok commented Sep 23 '14, 11:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Another option is using the command-line. Close VS and using the CLI on your sandbox to create the patch (scm diff --fullpatch).

permanent link
Dejan Custic (2855) | answered Sep 24 '14, 4:18 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Help topic about synchronizing sandboxes is here http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.1/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_scm_sync.html?lang=en

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.