It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem creating a report that uses traceability to show the results in Report Builder

Luiz Almeida (23016091) | asked Jan 11 '18, 11:38 a.m.
edited Jan 11 '18, 11:46 a.m.

Hi fellows,

I have an issue with a report created in Report Buider and I'd like to understand if it is a problem or is the correct behaviour of the Report Builder.

I created a report that shows the workitens that are linked to test plans in RQM. The problem occurs when I delete the link between workitem and test plan. Even when I do that, the report remains showing the result in report. It's seems that Report Builder uses some historical base to report.

Steps to reproduce are:

1. create an workitem and link to a test plan (project areas in RTC and RQM are related)
2. create a report that shows the WI and the test plan linked by "Related Plan Test" link. (the report works correctly)
3. delete the link between RTC and test plan.
4. run the report again. The report will show the same relationship between RTC and test plan.

Am I doing something wrong or this is the correct behaviour os Report Builder?

Thanks in advance.

Luiz Cesar.

2 answers

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (919613) | answered Jan 11 '18, 12:04 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Luiz,

It all depends... If you are using DW, update could take some time depending what your your admin has setup update frequency. I believe default is 12 hours. 

If you are using LQE, then update is almost real time, 1 min is default, and you should not see such behavior. In this case, call IBM support and open PMR.

Comments
Luiz Almeida commented Jan 11 '18, 12:54 p.m.

Hi Fariz, 

Thank you for the quick answer.

I'm using DW, but reporting in old workitens (created in the last month), so I don't think the problem must be the update time.

Regards,
Luiz Cesar.

Fariz Saracevic commented Jan 11 '18, 3:33 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Do you know which version/ifix you are running with? Are you using current data or historic trends? You should select current data. 

Also, check if link exist from both RTC and RQM sides.

If everything checks out, open PMR with IBM support.

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96029) | answered Jan 12 '18, 12:26 a.m.

Hi Luiz,

It does not matter when the old workitem has been created.
It matters when this workitem has been last updated. The change will not reflected immediately in DW, so you need to wait until next DCC job runs. It is up to 24 hours (depending on your DCC settings). Or you may let DCC job run manually.

If you wait until next DCC job but still problem persists, it is a good idea to verify the database table (view) by SQL query such as

select TESTPLAN_NAME from RIDW.VW_REQUEST_TESTPLAN_LOOKUP where REQUEST_NAME = '(workitem name)'

You can run SQL query in Advanced tab in Report Builder. If the link has been deleted, then you should not see the linked test plan name in the result (after running dcc job).

Comments
Luiz Almeida commented Jan 12 '18, 7:59 a.m. | edited Jan 12 '18, 7:59 a.m.

Hi Kenji

When I apply the query you sugested, I found three test plans, but two of them are not current links for the workitem specified. They are test plans that had link to the workitem, but the links was deleted. The problem is the links remains in table RIDW.VW_REQUEST_TESTPLAN_LOOKUP.

The jobs of collection data of ODS in DCC are running in a frequency of one hour.
The jobs of collection data of Data Mart are running once for a day.

Do you know what specific job feed the RIDW.VW_REQUEST_TESTPLAN_LOOKUP table?

I'm using Datawarehouse as source data, but selecting "Current Data" do create the report.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kenji Sarai commented Jan 15 '18, 5:07 a.m.

It should be updated by ODS job "Change and Configuration Management - Work Items".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.