It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is "Plan Parent ID" in the CVS file when you export a plan from RTC?

Kim Williams (56133) | asked Jan 11 '18, 10:33 a.m.

I exported a plan from RTC and it created a CVS file with a "Plan Parent ID" column in it.  What is "Plan Parent ID"?  To me, it looks like it is just the parent id, and so I would like to understand how is is different from the Parent ID.  Why is it called "Plan Parent Id" instead of just "Parent ID"?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 15 '18, 6:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I seem to be unable to locate an option to export a plan as CSV.

Kim Williams commented Jan 15 '18, 10:25 a.m.

I am in RTC 6.0.3.  In the plan, the export to CSV icon is located just to the left of the "Add Work Item" box on the bar at the top of the plan.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 15 '18, 10:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 15 '18, 10:53 a.m.

Thanks, couldn't find it.

• The plan parent ID provides the ID of the work item with the next higher hierarchy level for tree views (if such a work item exists).
  • It is possible to use different relationships to show hierarchy e.g. Parent/Child or Blocks/Depends On or Tracks/Contributes to.
  • For this reason the plan parent will only ever be the work item "Parent" when the tree is based on the parent/child relationship. If the tree is built based on Blocks/Depends on, the Plan Parent will be the work item that Blocks this work item.

Kim Williams selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.