It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how can we merge one stream to another stream automatically?

Satish Narayanachar (96425) | asked Dec 06 '17, 11:40 a.m.

Hi All,

Scenario is below.

I have 2 stream Stream A and stream B both are having same set of files and different developers modifies the files on both the streams.

I want to merge changes from stream B to stream A automatically how can I achieve this?

Since there would be conflicts if modification is done on both the streams I cannot go with post build deliver option.

Please suggest a way on how I can achieve this, I want to trigger mail to developers whenever there is any conflict.

Regards,

Satish

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 07 '17, 3:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If there are potential conflicts you can not automatically merge them. Once we have that technology, we won't need developers any more.

You can try to use the SCM Command Line - try lscm as search term in the product documentation - and compare the streams and react to the outcome. You would probably need a custom API client if you want to send mails.

Satish Narayanachar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Satish Narayanachar commented Dec 07 '17, 7:55 a.m.

HI Ralph,

I do not want to automatically merge if any potential conflicts, all I wanted was if any potential conflicts it should stop the script and send out mail to developer saying there is a conflict.

I will try the way as per your suggestion.

Thanks,

Satish

One other answer

permanent link
frank grapengiesser (217) | answered Oct 23 '18, 8:55 a.m.
There is now a request for enhancement for a public merge API:
Please vote for this RFE.  Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.