It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I make a Plan View visible/default only in the Plan it was made in?

Vicky Pagnaer (63129) | asked Aug 21 '17, 10:41 a.m.
Version: RTC 6.0.3.

We have a General Product Backlog that contains all of our to-be-planned work items in a tree view.
However as it is so large, it takes very long to load and it is hard to find specific stories or tasks.
We would like to make different Plans & Views for specific people combining the Plan Scope at the top and the different filter options (like Excludes, Colors, etc) in the View to give them a more specific Backlog to use.

Making extra Plans with different Plan Scopes on the same iteration/team is not an issue, but when you start adding different Views, the list very quickly becomes very large, because views are visible by default on every Plan of the same Plan Type. Furthermore, these people would like to have their view visible by default when they open their plan, but the General Product Backlog should of course always show the default view.

It is very unclear (and not documented as far as I can find) how these views behave. Is there any way to add a View to a specific Plan (and not a specific Plan Type)? Should I add a new Plan Type to contain all these custom views (I can't imagine adding multiple new Plan Types would be a good idea)?

And how does the "set as default" behave? Does the selected view become the default View when opening another Plan of the selected Plan Type?

Any help / tips appreciated!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 25 '17, 3:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Vicky,

my original answer would have been, a plan view, unless it got promoted, is local to the plan.

However, if you create plans of the same type with the same plan details, you can see all the plan views from all of those plans.

I think it might be a good idea to create some kind of enhancement request for your case.

Vicky Pagnaer selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.