It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

With 6.0.5RC1 I am unable to add my current license, what changed?

Daniel Barbour (250222) | asked Nov 03 '17, 5:15 p.m.

When I try to load the same license file that worked for me in 6.0.4 in 6.0.5 RC1 I am getting the following error:

The file I am selecting is "CLM_Practitioner_Unlocked.jar" but the error message is implying I need a file with a different file extension.  At the moment the RC1 install provides a 'Trial' license that will expire at the end of this year - but does anyone know of the permanent solution for 6.0.5 licenses?

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Nov 06 '17, 10:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Don't think milestone or evalation are limited to trail licenses. I will see if I can check in a bit...

Maybe you ran into this issue: a MD5 signing issue with recent Java version

Daniel Barbour selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Daniel Barbour commented Nov 06 '17, 2:43 p.m.

Bas,

Thank you for this info, after I followed the work-around referenced in the link you provided I was then able to load the license file!

Dan

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 04 '17, 9:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 04 '17, 9:49 a.m.

6.0.5 RC1 is a milestone build Release Candidate to be more precise. It is available for testing evaluation only. It is not supposed to be used for production.

Once 6.0.5 is released, you will be able to install it and use real licenses.

Comments
Daniel Barbour commented Nov 04 '17, 11:13 a.m.
 Thank you Ralph... I've loaded Release Candidate in the past for some early evaluations (non production purposes) but had not ever tried to apply a license before and the error message was unexpected. Thank you for the explanation.

Daniel Barbour commented Dec 05 '17, 5:58 p.m. | edited Dec 05 '17, 6:01 p.m.

Old Comment Deleted..(User Error - lol)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.