It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Assignment view- contain Owner-Priority-%Completed

Thao Nguyen (37334) | asked Oct 09 '17, 5:10 a.m.
edited Oct 09 '17, 5:28 a.m.

Hello,

Our current test plan (in excel) has a view for each tester to see his assignment and start the test as priority. Basically, it contains following fields

Tester name             Assigned features            Priority             Progress
Tester_1                   Feature 1                          High                 50%
                                 Feature 2                          Medium            0%
                                 Feature 3                          Low                  0%

Tester_2                   Feature 1 (with Tester_1)   High                80%
                                 Feature 4                          Medium            0%
                                 Feature 5                          Low                  0%

I tried with Test matrix widget, use TCER query and display 2 attributes: Owner-Test suite, however, seem now it does not work. It displays "No test artifacts to display Select test artifact query" even though all information (TCER, TCER query name) are correctly provided

Could you give advice suitable widget to display above information ? 

P/S: I use QM 6.0.3 iFix007

Comments
Thao Nguyen commented Oct 15 '17, 9:58 p.m.

Look Jazz QM can display Tester-name with Assigned-features via Test matrix widget, maximum 2 fields. 

Seem it is limitation of Jazz? Anyone have better suggestions?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Oct 20 '17, 7:36 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would suggest using the list views in RQM instead of a report or dashboard viewlet.  For example, create test case or suite execution records to assign testing activities to testers and assign an owner/priority.  Then you can view/filter/sort the assignments and progress in the Test Case Execution Record or Test Suite Execution Record list views.

Thao Nguyen selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Thao Nguyen commented Oct 22 '17, 11:40 p.m.

Yes, thanks Paul for your comments. That's what i am doing on QM. 

I hoped that QM has one view to show this however, practically we have to create at least 2 views to implement that purpose

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.