It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Test Case dependencies

Gabor Federics (34618) | asked Jul 09 '15, 3:17 a.m.

Is there a possilibilty to administrate Test Case dependencies in RQM?

E.G. if the pre-condition for both Test Case 2 and Test Case 3 is that Test Case 1 has been executed.

What I've found so far is that I can add an URL link in the pre-condition section or in a custom attribute of the summary section. For the first one my problem is that it is not immediately visible after opening the test case and not possible to filter on. For the second one my problem is that custom attributes are plain text and not links.

Do you have any other idea, how to solve this question?

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Jul 13 '15, 12:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
A custom attribute of type "link" would solve the problem, but unfortunately we don't have support for that.  There is a similar enhancement request for that - add attribute of type link to test suite attribute results (55227).  In the mean time, how about doing both?  Use a custom attribute just to indicate if there is a dependency and the users have to go into the pre-condition section to access the actual link.
Gabor Federics selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.