It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing Rhapsody Using Silent Install ... Stalls at First Menu

Rob Olsen (3511852) | asked Sep 24 '17, 11:45 p.m.

I am trying to install Rhapsody 8.2.1 using the "silent install" method.  I read through the IBM documentation and I kick off the script and things look good initially.  The "Preparing to install" window pops up.  The "Rhapsody Welcome" pops up and that's it. It just sits there waiting for you to click "Next".

Here is the script we are running. 

NOTE: some info has been hidden and replaced with <directory> and <licenses string>

set SOURCE_DIR="<directory>\Jazz_Files\Jazz\6.0.4\Rhapsody_821\IBM Rational Rhapsody 8.2.1.msi"
set LogFile=C:\rpy_install_log.txt
set RHAPSODY_ROOT=C:\appl\IBM\Rational\Rhapsody\8.2.1
set RHAPSODYEDITION=SystemDesigner
set INSTALL_ALL_IN_ONE_LOCATION=1
set IS_LANG_CPP=1
set IS_GATEWAY=1
set GATEWAYMODE=Full
rem set JAVAPATH=<Path to JDK or JRE>
set IS_XMI=1
set SYSTEM_PACKAGE=1
set IS_RULE_COMPOSER=1
set LAPAGREE="Yes"
rem set IS_DOORS=<Set 1 for Rational DOORS Interface>
set LICENSETRING=<license string>

set TLDESKTOPSHORTCUT=1
set IS_DM_CLIENT=1

msiexec /li %LogFile% /i %SOURCE_DIR% INSTALLDIR="%RHAPSODY_ROOT%" INSTALL_ALL_IN_ONE_LOCATION=%INSTALL_ALL_IN_ONE_LOCATION% IS_DM_CLIENT=%IS_DM_CLIENT% RHAPSODYEDITION=%RHAPSODYEDITION% IS_LANG_CPP=%IS_LANG_CPP% SYSTEM_PACKAGE=%SYSTEM_PACKAGE% IS_GATEWAY=%IS_GATEWAY% GATEWAYMODE=%GATEWAYMODE% IS_RULE_COMPOSER=%IS_RULE_COMPOSER% IS_XMI=%IS_XMI% TELELOGIC_LICENSE_FILE=%LICENSESTRING% TLDESKTOPSHORTCUT=%TLDESKTOPSHORTCUT% LAPAGREE=%LAPAGREE%

The log file shows nothing but ends with the following:

-F3E623F111F8}\setup.inx
Action ended 20:40:07: updateAllUsersPathUI. Return value 1.
Action start 20:40:07: InstallWelcome.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.