It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Acces right, security

YASEF Startinov (17419) | asked Sep 15 '17, 5:45 a.m.

Hello,

I post a lot of questions, excuse-me for that, but I want to discover IBM Jazz products to make finally a good choice.

I have two questions :

The first one, Can I make inaccessible some functions of products for security reasons ?
I mean how the access right is managed and what kind of functions limitation it allow. Could you give me an example please.

Let's suppose that I want to Customize a GUI or a  function, what difficulty could I meat and what technolongy I sould have ?

Thanks very much

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Sep 15 '17, 7:24 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

>>> Can I make inaccessible some functions of products for security reasons ?
I mean how the access right is managed and what kind of functions limitation it allow. Could you give me an example please.

You can map sets of permissions to roles, and map roles to team areas (or individuals). This provides a very customizable, fine-grained permissions model. The details vary by application -- see the documentation.

>>> Let's suppose that I want to Customize a GUI or a  function, what difficulty could I meat and what technolongy I sould have ?

Again, details vary by application. With RTC you can write customizations in Java on server or client. For DOORS NG you can write JavaScript extensions available in the "mini-dashboard" of the web user interface. Various server-side APIs are available for automating and customizing your deployment.

YASEF Startinov selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.