It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Workaround for ReqIF file import failing due to attribute definition unknown message?

Rachel Heck (179) | asked Sep 01 '17, 4:57 p.m.

I have created a reqif file of a module in a 5.0.2 DNG project. I'm now trying to import that file into another 5.0.2 DNG project and am getting a message:Error importing Artifact into module. This attribute definition is unknown.  I found this work item and am thinking this could be the same issue. It mentions that if an attribute is deleted and then a reqif file is created, when you go to import, it will be looking for the deleted attribute and will fail to import when it can't be found. https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=93578 

The workaround mentions trying to "fix up the data with external tools". Has anybody encountered this issue and is there an easier way to get around this? I'm wondering if creating a new module and then creating the reqif file would work. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Sep 04 '17, 1:23 a.m.

I believe the "workaround" means manually removing the references to the deleted attributes in the ReqIF file (it's in XML format). If you use a nice XML editor, the task may become a bit easier.

You may also consider requesting to backport the fix to the 5.0.2 stream. In this case, you need to contact IBM Support, and it can take some time even if approved.

Rachel Heck selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.