It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue upgrading RTC RM database from 6.0.3 to 6.0.5 CRJAZ3073E Found 1 configurations with multiple current versions

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | asked Jan 22 '18, 10:09 a.m.

Hello, 

I was trying to upgrade from 6.0.3 to 6.0.5, for ccm, qm, the upgrade scripts worked good, but for rm database
I got this error: CRJAZ3073E Found 1 configurations with multiple current versions for the same concept. You must run the -repairMultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrent command before up grading. Please Refer to the Interactive Upgrade Guide for details.
Failed to add tables to the database. 

One answer

permanent link
Paul Ellis (1.3k613) | answered Jan 22 '18, 10:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 22 '18, 10:41 a.m.

Hi Rafael,

Please contact IBM Client Support so that we can send you a link to 6.0.3 ifix 10.
As you can see from this work item 445993, the problem that you have encountered has prevented DNG from upgrading successfully.

At this moment in time you must start DNG 6.0.3 and run the command:
-repairMultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrent against your database.  This is documented in the Interactive Upgrade Guide so please generate one if you're not using one. If you missed this, you're not the first, but I am afraid you have to address this to move forward.

I assume that your JTS has been upgraded, so assuming your applications are not all sharing a single profile, you can bring up the JTS 6.0.5 & then DNG 6.0.3 in order to run this.

IF you're using a single WAS profile, then it may be a simpler task to contact us and we can send you a link to 6.0.3 ifix 10.  This ifix contains the ability to run the MultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrentOffline, which means you do not JTS 6.0.5 running & DNG 6.0.3.
This has been released, but I am afraid there is usually a couple of days delay before it reaches https://jazz.net/downloads/clm/releases/6.0.3?p=allDownloads.

Do not attempt to clean this situation up using SQL.  When you run this command you will need to select which of multiple versions of an artifact is correct.  Using SQL will cause your database to be in a much worse state, so please persevere with the command mentioned above.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact Support. We're here to help!

Paul

Comments
Daniel Barbour commented Jan 23 '18, 4:37 p.m.

Hi Paul - Could you comment on whether a similar fix will be made available in the next iFix for 6.0.4 (iFix007?)?

I already submitted a PMR on this topic (PMR 83191,L6Q,000) in my case the problem occurs when upgrading one-specific QM environment from 6.0.4 to 6.0.5...but I've successfully upgraded two different servers without running into the issue. 

P.S iFix010 to 6.0.3 is now available from Fix Central

Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Jan 24 '18, 1:54 p.m.

I installed the patch fix, and when I try to run the offline version, I'm getting a new exception:

IInternalConfigurationManagementService cannot be found by com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.local_1.2.3000.v20160706_0118

Daniel Barbour commented Jan 24 '18, 3:35 p.m.

Rafael,

I was already in the process of setting up a 6.0.3 test environment to see what impact iFix010 had on our tests so went ahead and tried the offline command (repotools-rm –repairMultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrentOffline).  In my case the command ran to completion (i.e. no exception was reported).  Is it possible that you did not first run the repotools clean commands as described in the ReadMe.txt file supplied with the iFix?

Paul - in regard to my earlier question - you can disregard that, the offline repair option was already in 6.0.4 .. unfortunately it still did not resolve my issue but it is being investigated through the PMR I referenced above.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.