It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why don’t I see newly entered requirements into DNG when immediately generating a report using Jazz reporting

A S (58530) | asked Sep 12 '17, 11:30 a.m.

When I load new requirements into Rational DNG, I don’t see those requirements when immediately generating a report using Jazz reporting.  I’m assuming that is because the servers need to sync-up? 

They are different VMs for reporting and DNG.

One answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Sep 13 '17, 4:56 a.m.

Hi,

depending on your setup this is by design if e.g. Jazz Reporting Service uses LQE as its data source. Standard LQE data collection is every 60 seconds so it would take until the next minute for changes to be picked up and transferred into the LQE index. This is the typical tradeoff of reporting to balance performance and definition of "immediate".
Given that newly entered requirements are immediately available in DNG modules, for what kind of reports do you require info more up to date than every minute? You might want to look at reports with RPE / BIRT which run directly against the DNG database as source. But then for performance and load reasons these would have to have strict filters for just the data they need to report on.

- Arne

Comments
A S commented Sep 13 '17, 2:55 p.m.

We have the CLM reporting server for our reports.

Ulf Arne Bister commented Sep 14 '17, 10:04 a.m.

CLM reporting server, also called Jazz Reporting Server (JRS) and "rs" as app can utilize either Data Warehouse (SQL tables) or LQE (the Lifecycle Query indexer, another app running under the Jazz Team Server (JTS). LQE comes in two flavors: LQE and LQE with configurations. For any DNG project switched on for configuration management and connected to global configuration all reporting will have to be done with the datasource "LQE with configurations."
In either case the data source basically draws from a reporting warehouse which polls a subset of the life data at intervals. The Data Warehouse relies on Data Collection Component (DCC, yet another app under the JTS) which can be scheduled to run in intervals such as every 24 hours, ever hour or what makes sense for the projects. The LQE usually runs more frequently to seed its index like every 60 seconds.
How long does it take for your newly created requirements to show up in reporting? Do you have access to your admins and can you find out what data source your JRS is using and how frequently data is collected?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.