It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Offline App - Server connection error (win 8)

Tom Leser (1916) | asked Sep 01 '17, 12:37 p.m.

I've downloaded this app from the windows store on my work laptop, and I entered in our server info, my username, and password, and when I go to select the project I get the error message:

"The application cannot connect to the server". 

This is the same machine I use to access RQM via jazz.  Does anybody know why I'm getting this error? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Sep 02 '17, 6:32 p.m.

Tom,

If this help please mark the answer as accepted.

- Arne

Tom Leser selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Tom Leser commented Sep 05 '17, 10:34 p.m.

Ulf, let me look into this.  At initial glance it may be the answer so I know I haven't done any of this.  

Tom Leser commented Sep 11 '17, 7:54 p.m.

Ulf thank you.  We haven't done any of this.  I'm marking this as the answer.  Still need a little more clarification.  We're using Windows 8 and Windows 10 laptops.  If I go up a level to the windows 8 instructions, it says to use Visiual Studios 2012 Express.  The problem is, MS doesn't even make a VS express anymore, and the author of that page indicated that VS 2013 Express didn't work.  So need some more help on how to configure this.  Really wish IBM made this "plug 'n play".  Might just post this as a separate thread.  

Ulf Arne Bister commented Sep 12 '17, 4:11 a.m. | edited Sep 12 '17, 4:11 a.m.

I totally share your wish that it should be much easier. I understand that this would require the app to be part of official Google resp. Windows Stores which apparently comes with a steep price.

One more resource I found might actually show a better approach:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/InstallingOfflineApp

If you feel that any of this could be better automated I suggest to open an enhancement request on jazz.net
Feel free to #mention me there and I will try and get the right people to look at it.

Tom Leser commented Oct 23 '17, 2:28 p.m.

I'm revisiting this again, since the offline execution spreadsheet doesn't handle large test sample sizes very well.  

Per the link you posted in your 9/12 post Ulf, it says the following which concerns me:

• If your RQM server is using a self generated SSL certificate, then you will not be able to connect from the mobile app.
  • If your RQM server is configured for a SSO environment, then RQM mobile application will not be able to connect to the RQM server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.