It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error Trying to connect to RQM server using RQM adapter and Rational Service Tester

mohamed tarief (33119) | asked Mar 20 '14, 7:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 20 '14, 1:58 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
Hi all ,
I installed RTC and RST , I am trying to connect to an RQM server , I configured the tab below with server url , login and password and project area , this reflects in this file C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDP_1\RPT-RST_RQMAdapter\config\adapter.config

Contents of adapter.config

PROJECT_AREA=
RQM_DISPLAY_NAME=RST on ADMINIB-U9F8MF0
WORKSPACE_DIR=C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN\workspace

I am trying to connect from my workspace to the RQM server , I get the below error , How can i be able to solve this , please advise , thanks

RPTX2017E Failed to login to the server. Reason: %2
java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.ibm.rqm.integration.client.clientlib.JFSHttpsClient.login(JFSHttpsClient.java:118)
    at com.ibm.rqm.integration.client.clientlib.JFSHttpsClient.relogin(JFSHttpsClient.java:96)
    at com.ibm.rqm.integration.client.clientlib.RQMConnectionHelper.login(RQMConnectionHelper.java:179)
    at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.library.data.ServerInformation.login(ServerInformation.java:184)
    at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.library.data.NewRequester.<init>(NewRequester.java:106)
    at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.library.data.RQMAdapter.<init>(RQMAdapter.java:44)
    at com.ibm.rational.test.lt.rqm.adapter.execution.QMRPTAdapter$RPTRQMAdapter.<init>(QMRPTAdapter.java:66)
    at com.ibm.rational.test.lt.rqm.adapter.execution.QMRPTAdapter.connect(QMRPTAdapter.java:183)
    at com.ibm.rational.test.lt.rqm.adapter.gui.actions.ConnectAction$1.run(ConnectAction.java:85)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.fullversion=JRE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 Windows 7 x86-32 jvmwi3260sr8-20100401_55940 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
J9VM - 20100401_055940
JIT  - r9_20100401_15339
GC   - 20100308_AA
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -product com.ibm.rational.rst.product.ide
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product com.ibm.rational.rst.product.ide

Comments
Ara Masrof commented Mar 20 '14, 7:45 a.m. | edited Mar 20 '14, 1:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Mohamed,

Can you please provide a screenshot of the actual data you are entering in the Quality Manager Adapter settings of PRT/RST?
Also, how are you starting the adapter; from within the Workbench, the Command-line or as a Windows Service?
Keep in mind, To run the Rational Quality Manager adapter from the command line or as a Windows service, you will need to first verify the following has been done:

1) Locate the adapter.config file in the rpt_install_dir \RPT-RST_RQMAdapter\config\ directory, where rpt_install_dir is the directory where the test workbench is installed, for example, C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP.

2) Edit the WORKSPACE_DIR variable in the adapter.config file to point to the same test workspace that you want the adapter to use, for example: WORKSPACE_DIR= C:\Documents and Settings\username\IBM\rationalsdp\my_adapter_workspace

mohamed tarief commented Mar 20 '14, 8:06 a.m. | edited Mar 20 '14, 1:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Ara ,
I am trying to connect it from the workbench

Here is the screenshot 

and here is the content of the adapter.config

PROJECT_AREA=CI-CCMS
RQM_DISPLAY_NAME=RST on ADMINIB-U9F8MF0
WORKSPACE_DIR=C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN\workspace

I tried to start it from the windows services and it was started , does that mean that I am now connected ? , It doesn't connect from the workbench

thanks for your help

Ara Masrof commented Mar 20 '14, 8:13 a.m. | edited Mar 20 '14, 1:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Mohamed,

Connect to RQM and log into the Project Area in question (CI-CCMS); go to -> Execution -> Adapter Console;
Do you see the Adapter present and connected?
Also, the path you have entered ends with a "/jazz," this would mean you have set up RQM with a 2x context root, is that correct (otherwise it would be "/qm")?

mohamed tarief commented Mar 20 '14, 8:22 a.m. | edited Mar 20 '14, 1:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

No , My adapter is not there , I am not sure what is 2x context , but couple of my colleagues use the same url as mine with /jazz and its working at their sides , and I can see their adapters connected .

Ara Masrof commented Mar 20 '14, 8:30 a.m. | edited Mar 20 '14, 1:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Mohamed,

On the system hosting RPT/RST, bring up a browser and connect to the RQM project; can you connect with no errors?
If so, check the URL to verify whether you are using /jazz or /qm

mohamed tarief commented Mar 20 '14, 8:50 a.m. | edited Mar 20 '14, 1:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

yes I can connect, its using /jazz , I tried to change the URL in my workspace to /qm but it couldn't connect , it freezed

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Mar 21 '14, 7:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Mohamed,

If you are still having issues try the following

Stop the Adapter

Navigate to the \.... \RPT-RST_RQMAdapter\config folder on you system hosting RST

Rename the file 'adapter.config' to 'adapter.config.old'

Go to the Preferences -> Quality Manager Adapter of RST an re-enter you connection details

Go to the Adapter Console of the RQM project you are attempting to connect to and delete any adapter entries that are not running (i.e. their status shows up in Red)

Restart the Adapter from the RST UI

Also, verify that the version of RST you are currently running is support with the version of RQM you are trying to connect to

mohamed tarief selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
mohamed tarief (33119) | answered Mar 22 '14, 12:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ara ,
It was a version mismatch issue , The issue is solved, Thanks a lot for your help :)

permanent link
Milana M (1513) | answered Aug 05 '15, 5:04 p.m.

How strict is the version matching in making this work? I am trying to get RPT Adapter to recognize in the RQM Adapter Console and I am not able to see it. I have RQM Version 5.0.1 and RPT version 8.5.1...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.