It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExecutionTool: java.lang.NullPointerException

Timur Markunin (6495165145) | asked Jul 04 '16, 11:09 a.m.
 Hello,

I'm trying to execute RQM test suite using RQMExecutionTool. I have RQM 5.0.2.

I'm executing following command: java -cp RQMExecutionTool.jar com.ibm.rqm.executiontool.ExecutionUtility -tcerId=246024 -projectName="АС Юпитер" -publicURI="https://hs22-33.ca.sbrf.ru:9445/jazz" -user=user -password=pass -exitOnComplite=true

This brings following error:

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.ibm.rqm.executiontool.Exe

cutionUtility).

log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.io.Reader.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.rqm.executiontool.ExecutionUtility.getHelpContent(Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.rqm.executiontool.ExecutionUtility.executeCommands(Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.rqm.executiontool.ExecutionUtility.main(Unknown Source)

Comments
Don Yang commented Jul 05 '16, 1:10 a.m. | edited Jul 05 '16, 1:12 a.m.

I am not sure if command "java -cp RQMExecutionTool.jar com.ibm.rqm.executiontool.ExecutionUtility " would work or not as I cant find any example suggesting to do like that in readme file.

but at least "

-exitOnComplite=true" is not correct. it should be like -exitOnComplete=true

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 05 '16, 3:23 a.m.
A  few things were going on there.
1. There was a typo in the command line, as Don pointed out.
2. The RQMExecutionTool_readme.txt file is not in the current directory - hence the NullPointerException, as the tool tried to display the help content (due to the wrong parameter mentioned above) in this file but could not open it.
3. The log4j.properties file is not in the current directory - hence the two "log4j:WARN" messages for the same reason as above.

I guess you only took the .jar file from the package and try to use it. You should've extracted the whole package as is, and there would have been no problems. Also, you can run the tool in an easier way as
    java -jar RQMExecutionTool.jar -tcerId=......

Comments
Timur Markunin commented Jul 05 '16, 6:36 a.m.

Thanks Donald!

I've tried to follow your recommendations and it looks like the utility has a problem with Russian characters:

D:\Data\Projects\UCD\plugin\RQM-Extras-ExecutionTool-5.0.2>java -jar RQMExecutionTool.jar -tcerId=246024 -projectName="АСЮпитер" -publicURI="https://hs22-33.ca.sbrf.ru:9445/jazz" -user="*" -password="*" -exitOnComplete=true

Unable to find project: └ яшЄхЁ. 

Timur Markunin commented Jul 05 '16, 6:38 a.m.

Procesing Command Line arguments for Test Execution Logging in to the server Attempting to create SSL_TLS context java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: SSL_TLS SSLContext not available Unable to create SSL_TLS context, trying TLS Successfully created an HTTP client Attempting to create SSL_TLS context java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: SSL_TLS SSLContext not available Unable to create SSL_TLS context, trying TLS Connection to RQM Server is established Resolve project alias name if necessaryUnable to find project: └ яшЄхЁ. 

Mehul Patel commented Jul 05 '16, 6:55 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Timur,

Try passing the project alias name, it should work. (To get project alias name, browse to https://[server name]:9443/context_root/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/projects)

Regards,
Mehul 

Donald Nong commented Jul 05 '16, 8:12 p.m.

See if you can resolve it by using the "chcp" command or regional settings, as mentioned in the below post.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/388490/unicode-characters-in-windows-command-line-how

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Jul 05 '16, 3:38 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Timur,

Commandline option -cp will not work, try with option -jar; for incorrect argument (-exitOnComplite), you should get 'java.lang.IllegalArgumentException'. 

Please refer Wiki for detailed syntax.

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.