It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

lscm.bat memory use

Serge Blokhin (26711) | asked Aug 02 '12, 11:37 a.m.
retagged Aug 03 '12, 1:23 a.m. by Sridevi Sangaiah (59179)
 I use lscm.bat for my build scripts. and i use lscm.bat a lot. I'm currently experiencing the following:
if i use lscm.bat with default options after certain time it fails with out of memory exception and java stack trace .
I've changed -Xmx parameter in scm.ini to -Xmx512m hoping that it will give to the lscm.bat more memory to operate in. so now i got the scm.exe process taking over 1 Gb memory and lscm.bat hangs and never responds to any commands anymore. What am i doing wrong and how do i make lscm.bat to release the memory ? because it looks like once taken it never releases the memory back. 
Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 03 '12, 3:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Serge,

lscm http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/c_scm_cli.html starts a SCM daemon at log in and keeps it running. You might want to try to log out after running all commands, if you are not already doing it.

If you think there is a memory leakage I would suggest to raise a defect or PMR against RTC SCM.

Comments
Serge Blokhin commented Aug 03 '12, 10:30 a.m.

Hi Ralph, the way i am currently using lscm i dont do logout every time. i guess i could add that to my lscm calls but would not it degrade the performance ? i will try it anyway but if it affects performance too much it's not the solution. I do think there is a memory leak at least how else could be 1Gb memory use overnight explained? i only use lscm commands from the help.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 03 '12, 10:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I was just thinking to log out after the build might help releasing some resource, but you should also consider Sridevi's hint.

permanent link
Sridevi Sangaiah (59179) | answered Aug 03 '12, 7:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Serge,

Can you validate if you are facing something similar to the problem described in  213089: Jazz SCM command line script "lscm" uses up all the CPU ? If not please raise a defect attaching the java stack trace.

Thanks,
Sridevi

Comments
Serge Blokhin commented Aug 03 '12, 10:32 a.m.

Hi Sridevi, I looked it up, it does not look like my issue. I run my scripts on windows machine and although scm.exe does take 100% CPU some times it's not too long and it always goes down to "normal" but i do see private bytes for scm.exe is increasing.

Sridevi Sangaiah commented Aug 06 '12, 1:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Serge, can you please raise a defect providing the details specified here and also attach the java stack trace ? I would also like to confirm if you have installed RTC Windows Shell integration in the windows machine where you are running your scripts.

Thanks, Sridevi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.